Sling question. please help me

Ericboy

Arachnopeon
slings with the size of 1cm - 2cm. do they need hides? for example the species of grammastola, brachys, acanthoscuria? and how much do i need to feed them, right now i feed them 1 cricket the size of their body a day. sometimes cut a mealworm into smaller pieces and throw it in.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feed my slings about once every other week. Most of my collection is unsexed spiderlings. I don't give any of them hides. If they want, they will burrow.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Eric

I put my sling in pill's container, and in this condition they dont need a hide. as said above, I usually put 1 inch substrate or so and I pre-make a hole in the middle, most of the spider will use this burrow and extend it

1 Cricket or cuted super worm a day is to much, I feed mine 1 time every 5-6 days, just make sure they're well hydrated as they're more subject of dehydratation then an adult.

Ericboy

Arachnopeon
i just feed them pinheads, powerfed for faster growth. to get past the fragile stage. then go on wd d regular once a week diet wen they reach the size of 2". feeding once a day will trigger faster growth? or is it too much?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Once a day is way to much man ... They are not like human's you know ... they dont need breakfast, lunch and dinner :? Just feed them every 2-3 days if you really want them to grow faster, its more then enough.

Ericboy

Arachnopeon
Hi Eric

I put my sling in pill's container, and in this condition they dont need a hide. as said above, I usually put 1 inch substrate or so and I pre-make a hole in the middle, most of the spider will use this burrow and extend it

1 Cricket or cuted super worm a day is to much, I feed mine 1 time every 5-6 days, just make sure they're well hydrated as they're more subject of dehydratation then an adult.
how about every 3 days? 1pc 3 day old cricket every 3 days? for faster growth? i want them to get past the fragile stage. thanks cedrik!

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I agree, feeding every 2-3 days is plenty. All of my slings burrow to make a hide that suits them. All except my B. smithi. It does not burrow but has a few artifical leaves to hide under.

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, just because I wonder every time I hear that song, WHAT is a staff and a rod?????

Ericboy

Arachnopeon
{D nice way to explain the idea.

eric, dont forget that, besides feeding and humidity, temperature is also important for growing
yup, i live in the philippines and the temperature is quite warm, lucky for me it makes caring for T's much simpler. i just drop a few droplets of water directly to the substrate once/twice a week for the genics, the other brachys and grammastolas twice a month

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Moist substrate (Zoo-Med EcoEarth), deli-cup, and into the dresser drawer I use for other miscellaneous purpose besides clothes.

domesday

Arachnopeon
ericboy,
Hello kababayan! :) nice to hear from a fellow arachnid enthusiast dito sa pinas, hehe. :D