Sling Pics

happymeal

Arachnopeon
Just wanted to share a few of my sling pics.

Lasiodora parahybana
Brazilian Salmon Pink
Fresh out of a molt
3/4-1"

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by happymeal
Lasiodora cristata
Brazilian Red & White
3/4"
Awesome macro shots. I had no idea L. cristata had so much color at that size.

Bill

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those are so adorable...lol...Great photos..they always like to hide their little faces.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Have to pull out pics of my own kids

This here is my baby A. geniculata, it's about 1.25" and a source of pride for me as it represented my introduction to the world of very teeny slings. I've been rasing it since it was just a 1/4" 2nd instar. It's now about an 8th instar and looks like it should be a small juvenile come it's next moult.

Attachments

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not really a sling anymore...

This one isn't really a sling anymore, but it's still got some of its baby colours. This is my A. avicularia that I also raised from a 2nd instar. This pic represents the first time I've gotten a good look at this thing since it was a 2nd instar. For whatever reason, it pulled down all the silk on the tank sides two days ago leaving just the structural parts.

It's about 2" and the shyest of my spiders so I've been thrilled to finally see what a beauty it's turning out to be. If these guys weren't as common as they are, they'd be as expensive and in demand as versicolours in my opinion.

Attachments

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Not really a sling anymore...

Originally posted by Code Monkey
This one isn't really a sling anymore, but it's still got some of its baby colours. This is my A. avicularia that I also raised from a 2nd instar. This pic represents the first time I've gotten a good look at this thing since it was a 2nd instar. For whatever reason, it pulled down all the silk on the tank sides two days ago leaving just the structural parts.

It's about 2" and the shyest of my spiders so I've been thrilled to finally see what a beauty it's turning out to be. If these guys weren't as common as they are, they'd be as expensive and in demand as versicolours in my opinion.
Nice pic, Chip! This is one of my favorites!
They CAN by very reclusive, can't they!
And it IS nice when they finally come out to display all the wonderful color changes they go through as they mature. I agree on the price idea, as they are very colorful as they mature. Of course, once they reach maturity they are simply black with pink toes, BUT they have incredible irridescence (spelling?) on the pads of their telotarsus (telotarsi?)!
Gotta love 'em!!

Paul