Sling on back in water dish

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I saw this guy floating on its back in the water dish...

IMG_6540.JPG

I think it was stranded as soon as I tipped the water dish out a little the sling scrambled to get the right way up and out of the dish.

Once it climbed out I thought I should toss in a couple calci worms to see if it was hungry. It was. It jumped on the worm unbelievably fast.

IMG_6542.JPG

It makes me wonder how long it was like that, if it was stressed and could it have died if I never intervened.

cold blood

Staff member
My A. sp. kolumbia did the same last week...little fella is pre molt, so I just assumed he fell off the side into the drink. Scooped it out and it climbed right back above the water dish.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
My A. sp. kolumbia did the same last week...little fella is pre molt, so I just assumed he fell off the side into the drink. Scooped it out and it climbed right back above the water dish.
Persistent little things. I think this one may have fallen off its chopstick so I move the dish. He looked so excited to be out aha

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
At least your sling is looking good!

Now my question is, what are calci worms and where can I get some? I got a giganormous amount of mealworms at the moment, but I'm always afraid that they'll kill the slings, so I crush their heads, but they still feel a bit too big.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I saw this guy floating on its back in the water dish...
It just needs a tiny margarita and some eight-lens sunglasses.

Now my question is, what are calci worms and where can I get some? I got a giganormous amount of mealworms at the moment, but I'm always afraid that they'll kill the slings, so I crush their heads, but they still feel a bit too big.
I don't know about calci worms, but if your mealworms are too big, there are a couple of options:
  • short-term: cut the mealworm in half and feed two slings with one worm
  • long-term: let them start reproducing, and you'll have tiny mealworms for slings