Sling not eating after molt

SmileWitch

Arachnopeon
So I have a Caribbean Versi, I think is about 2 inches. She molted a little over 2 weeks ago, I got her to eat a week after, but since she hasn't been interested in meal worms. I'm wondering what might be the cause and if I should be concerned. A lot of the meal worms have already progressed to the pupae stage, but I am still using the worms I can find that haven't. Maybe she/he is put off by them being too close to the pupae phase? Or is it possible she may have tried eating too soon and injured herself? It's really difficult for me to see the fangs, and I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. I also may have pushed her into a new tank too soon, I regret it now, but her old enclosure was pretty small, and I had to clean it so figured I would move her, but it was a good two, or more, weeks before her molt while she was still eating, I think the stress also could be why she's not eating. She's really only webbed up a very small section in the corner and hasn't really come out at all from it. Or maybe this is normal? I'm also thinking of gluing some bark chips to the side of the glass to see if she'll web on those. Probably most disturbingly, there is a little bit of dark spots where she hangs out in her web, they're dried and look like cola a bit. This kind of leads me to wonder if it may be from an injury, or it it's from the worm she ate. Your guys help is much appreciated, thank you. <3

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Please post pictures of the T and its enclosure.

Furthermore, at 2" they don't need to be fed more than once a week, it might just be full from the last mealworm. ;)

You can prevent mealworms from pupating by simply keeping them in the fridge.

Last edited:

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I have a Caribbean Versi, I think is about 2 inches. She molted a little over 2 weeks ago, I got her to eat a week after, but since she hasn't been interested in meal worms. I'm wondering what might be the cause and if I should be concerned. A lot of the meal worms have already progressed to the pupae stage, but I am still using the worms I can find that haven't. Maybe she/he is put off by them being too close to the pupae phase? Or is it possible she may have tried eating too soon and injured herself? It's really difficult for me to see the fangs, and I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. I also may have pushed her into a new tank too soon, I regret it now, but her old enclosure was pretty small, and I had to clean it so figured I would move her, but it was a good two, or more, weeks before her molt while she was still eating, I think the stress also could be why she's not eating. She's really only webbed up a very small section in the corner and hasn't really come out at all from it. Or maybe this is normal? I'm also thinking of gluing some bark chips to the side of the glass to see if she'll web on those. Probably most disturbingly, there is a little bit of dark spots where she hangs out in her web, they're dried and look like cola a bit. This kind of leads me to wonder if it may be from an injury, or it it's from the worm she ate. Your guys help is much appreciated, thank you. <3
From your description, I'm not seeing anything concerning.
However, please post pics of T and enclosure.

SmileWitch

Arachnopeon
Yeah of course, thanks for your help guys! It's not a great picture. I'm thinking of using a q tip and some warm water to try and clean it up soon but I don't want to stress her out since right now she just had her tiny little corner.

Attachments

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
You are keeping the enclosure dry and with good ventilation? Two weeks past a molt is not long enough to worry about not feeding for a spider of that size.

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Yeah of course, thanks for your help guys! It's not a great picture. I'm thinking of using a q tip and some warm water to try and clean it up soon but I don't want to stress her out since right now she just had her tiny little corner.

Please post pics of the entire enclosure