Sling not doing too well

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I just got my slings in yesterday. (I posted on my other topic). My C.lividius does not seem to be doing well. Not really reacting much to stimulus. It it down on a small cricket I gave it, but does not seem to be eating it. I ended up moving it to a small vial to eliminate possible environmental contamination although I don't know what could be affecting it. It did not seem overly lethargic during the unpacking though it was not as crazy bolty as some slings are. The cup is what I had it in over night. I grow the moss myself and have no had issues with using it before. The sub is damp but not swampy.

My other slings are in similar setups, one other in a cup like this and the others in acrylic boxes. The vial I have there was made for glitter so the top has holes in it and I drilled some additional ones on the sides

I am so sad to post this because I never had issue like this before. My stressed slings would normally bolt so I am not sure that it is something else.

It is latched on the cricket and I was able to basically lift it up by the cricket. It is moving a bit, but not much.

Attachments

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I do want to post an update that the sling did not make it. I monitored it around the clock. It went into death curl. I tried dripping a small droplet of water into its mouth and I thought it may have been drinking but it stopped. I am really sad to post this. I am going to order a new one as I do not think it was any husbandry issues. The other slings I ordered same day and in similar set ups are doing fine.

I ended up preserving the sling in a vial with a bit of decor in some alcohol. I know I only had it for a little over a day but I still wanted to honor it. I really had hope for it. If it was only dehydrated it should have bounced back but it must have been something else. I did everything I could but sometimes death seems to happen. It is truly a magnificent species and I only wish it could have made it to adulthood.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I do want to post an update that the sling did not make it. I monitored it around the clock. It went into death curl. I tried dripping a small droplet of water into its mouth and I thought it may have been drinking but it stopped. I am really sad to post this. I am going to order a new one as I do not think it was any husbandry issues. The other slings I ordered same day and in similar set ups are doing fine.

I ended up preserving the sling in a vial with a bit of decor in some alcohol. I know I only had it for a little over a day but I still wanted to honor it. I really had hope for it. If it was only dehydrated it should have bounced back but it must have been something else. I did everything I could but sometimes death seems to happen. It is truly a magnificent species and I only wish it could have made it to adulthood.
Sorry for your loss. Better earlier rather than later.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron

It sounds like you honored it very well! Don't beat yourself up over it, with so many slings in a sac, there'll always be some who don't make it. Sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking to lose any pet, even one you only had briefly 🖤

Royalty

Arachnoknight
It sounds like you honored it very well! Don't beat yourself up over it, with so many slings in a sac, there'll always be some who don't make it. Sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking to lose any pet, even one you only had briefly 🖤
Ty, I am getting another shipped to me for free. The seller is really amazing and has a 7 day guarantee.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
good on the seller making things right with you best of luck to you with the new one

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I got the new sling in today. This one was a lot spunkier, one poke with the brush and it bolted in. The deceased one I had to prod a few times and it walked in (not too unusual though I find old world slings are definitely bolty)

I feel this one is going to manage perfectly fine.

I also purchased Chilobrachys sp. "Electric Blue" in this shipment. It was also a spry young one and dove into one of the starter burrows after unpacking.