Sling is buried, should I feed?

Vman87

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

I've had my G. Pulchipes sling for a few weeks now. I fed it a few days after I brought it home and it ate well. Couple days later it buried itself. I know this is normal especially with slings. It's been buried for a little over a week (I know sometimes they go for months) and my question is should I bother putting crickets in there? Or do I wait until it emerges? Before I got the T I read that when they bury themselves you should leave them totally be until they emerge. Feeding didn't occur to me though until just now. I should probably just wait until it comes out of hiding right?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
You could drop in a prekilled cricket, just remove it if it doesn't eat it in 24hrs.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Did it just burrow down or did it burrow and then seal off the entrance? If it just burrowed but didn't intentionally seal/web up the entrance then I would do what @Ghost56 said and put in a pre-killed cricket. If it's hungry it will eat it. You could also put in a live cricket as long as its a small one and leave it there for a few hours and see if it eats it. I just don't like leaving crickets in with little slings for too long as it can be dangerous if they're too big.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it's sealed, that's it's "do not disturb" sign.

It's either going to molt (could be awhile), it's not hungry, or just wants to chillax for a bit and will come back out when it's hungry.

Estein

Arachnoknight
My G. pulchripes followed a pattern as a sling: When it went into its burrow (even without sealing the entrance), it wouldn't come out for prekilled prey, but it would always go for something live when above ground. Maybe you'll start seeing a similar behavior pattern that gives you some guidelines for your individual T. Until then, I agree with all others who have suggested offering something prekilled. Hopefully you'll have a slightly bigger T soon. :)