Sling Information??

RoachGirl

Arachnopeon
Hi, My boyfriend and I are relatively new to the hobby. We currently have four slings (Mexican Red Knee, Costa Rican Tiger Rump, Green Bottle Blue & Giant White Knee) hoping to get more sooner or later, and I was just hoping others with experience in the younger spiderlings could give me some tips. Thanks very much. Any info is much appreciated. :)

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you would tell us how big they actually are that might help a bit. They are pretty easy to care for. I am guessing the specific spiders you have are: B. smithi, C. fasciatum, C. cyanopubescens, and A. geniculata?

If they are still pretty small you can keep them in something like a deli cup. If they are really small you should keep them a little more moist than you normally would. I keep all of my spiders from around 2 inches plus on the dry side with the exception of one or two species. They don't need a water dish. You can just mist the enclosure every other day or so for their water. The amount of ventilation will contibute to how fast things dry out. Feed them every once and a while, and they will do fine. Usually, the less you mess with them the better they do.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. The search function is pretty helpful too. We have all been in your shoes before. Good luck.

RoachGirl

Arachnopeon
Right. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (.75 inch), Brachypelma smithi (1.25 inch), Acanthoscurria geniculata (.5 inch) and Cyclosternum fasciatum (.5 inch).

All are in either the tiny deli cups or I guess you would call them pill bottles. They have a small amount of peat in with them. Bout half a tube. All are eating well. We got the B. smithi only yesterday and so far it is the only one who hasn't eaten yet. I put one to two drops of water in their containers and they seem to be well humidified. We normally feed the others one cricket twice a week.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It seems like you are doing great then. Just keep it up and have fun watching them grow... :)