Sling identification?

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is there anyway to tell what type of T, a sling is?

I recently read a post about a bad purchase of slings( on another forum), misrepresented by type in the same family? Type 1 Brachys sold for more expensive Type 2 brachys. You cannot ID them until there are juvies; but when this mistake is detected, the seller may be long gone.

Any experience with this scenario?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there anyway to tell what type of T, a sling is?

I recently read a post about a bad purchase of slings( on another forum), misrepresented by type in the same family? Type 1 Brachys sold for more expensive Type 2 brachys. You cannot ID them until there are juvies; but when this mistake is detected, the seller may be long gone.

Any experience with this scenario?
I do not have any experience in this scenario however, thats one reason why you should only deal with professional who keep all their animal enclosures and names in the proper places and don't mix up genus and species. Like botar, SSW. swift etc. in my opinion no matter how bad you really want a T if you aren't 100% sure that what you are getting is what you wanted, dont get it. save your money until you find the right T. That's why since I know a lot about the animals i like before i buy them from petco I do a lot of research (on those animals i never had) and while im at petco i examine the animal fully with my own hand looking for problems with that particular animal species. for example if it was a tarantula (which id never buy from my petco because all they have are rose hairs and those are boring to me) i would actually hold it count the legs, look for problems around the fangs anything that should or shouldnt be there (even before i knew what nemodes (sp) were I knew white stuff on fangs isnt healthy). and just stuff like that. when i would buy rats for breeding and using the babies for food for my snakes and geckos i had, i would make sure they didnt have scabs and such. but thats just me.