Sling housing: when to rehouse and new housing

vaulthunting101

Arachnopeon
I can't seem to find definitive answers on this topic, despite hours of internet searching, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a g. rosea sling, who I've been keeping in the little deli cup I got him in. However, things have been going well and he's been growing pretty consistently (as babies do), and I was curious about when I should rehouse him and how big his new house should be, as I don't want to put him in anything too big. He's probably between and inch and an inch and a half, and his home is about 4 inches in diameter with about an inch height between substrate and lid.

I'd like to have a game plan when the time comes, I'd appreciate any advice you guys have!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I can't seem to find definitive answers on this topic, despite hours of internet searching, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a g. rosea sling, who I've been keeping in the little deli cup I got him in. However, things have been going well and he's been growing pretty consistently (as babies do), and I was curious about when I should rehouse him and how big his new house should be, as I don't want to put him in anything too big. He's probably between and inch and an inch and a half, and his home is about 4 inches in diameter with about an inch height between substrate and lid.

I'd like to have a game plan when the time comes, I'd appreciate any advice you guys have!
I usually move my terrestrial Ts out of 16oz deli cups at around 2.5 to 3 inches. Usually closer to 3.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

The reason why you won't find any real answers, is the same reason you won't find any answers as to what defines a sling/juvie-- both are subjective.

I've seen people keep a T in large homes, and some that are way too small.

There's no science to it.

Rehousing is based on the owner's experience, the species of T (some don't require that much space for their size, such as I. mira-- not because it's a dwarf though), and quite honestly what people think looks good (SUBJECTIVE).

Up to about 2.5" my Ts are in containers the size of 16 oz deli cups. After that, it depends on the species. For slow species, at times, I give them less space than the same sized T that is faster, not always mind you.

I keep an AF E. sp. Red in an ExoTerra Breeder Box small to give you an idea of a slow, dwarf and what it gets for a container beyond the deli cup.

cold blood

Staff member

I have posted this 4 times just in the past few months...the info is indeed available to you.

Start slings off in a condiment cup till about an inch...

Once they get over an inch they go into 16oz deli cups....

At about 3" they get an upgrade...which can be a small KK or a small sterilite....

by 4" adult enclosure is generally ok.