Sling houseing

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ummm this is a dumb question but here goes
How long do you guys keep your slings in a small vial type container?
I ahve a couple of slings that are about .75" or so and in condiment cups and its a PITA to feed them the bloody pinheads hop out too easy

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep my slings in 'vials' till they seem cramped. There are different sized vials so I just upgrade as they grow. They usually outgrow all the vials at around 5cm for me so that's when I start putting them inot delicups.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mine stay in small vials till they can't fully stretch out after a molt, then they get upgraded to a bigger container.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I phased out of using crickets about 9 months ago. I feed dubia roaches now. The baby nymphs are pretty small, I just pinch the head a little so the body is still moving and drop it in. Slings love them. Plus its a nice big meal that pretty much gets a 3/4" sling to it's next molt. So there is no jumping anything to worry about when I feed. A roach colony is only really valid if you own 10+ Ts. Or if you are willing to sell or kill off some of the roach offspring when you have to many.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont have any dubia yet, i have discoids and finally got some to mature ill have dubia soon tho

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Have you ever tried just removing the little crickets legs? Sometimes I have the same problem with the crickets hopping out of the containers, but it's not something I worry about because I just pick em up put them right back in and then laugh when they are devoured by my Ts.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Have you ever tried just removing the little crickets legs? Sometimes I have the same problem with the crickets hopping out of the containers, but it's not something I worry about because I just pick em up put them right back in and then laugh when they are devoured by my Ts.
dude i can barely see the crickets let alone take these tree stumps i have for fingers and tear off the legs lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
dude i can barely see the crickets let alone take these tree stumps i have for fingers and tear off the legs lol
haha, oh well that makes sense.:p If it really bothers you that much just transfer your slings to different containers. What size are they at?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha, oh well that makes sense.:p If it really bothers you that much just transfer your slings to different containers. What size are they at?
well about .675- .75" i suppose. cute little buggers
one G. aerostriata and one B. emilia

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that's when I start putting them inot delicups.
i've been reading a lot of people using these for slings. Anyone have a picture of what their "delicups" look like. I might need to get some..

Drachenjager: go invest in some forceps. i have two and use both when i'm feeding crickets. one to tear off the back legs and the other to hold and put into the container.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i've been reading a lot of people using these for slings. Anyone have a picture of what their "delicups" look like. I might need to get some..
This is what I refer to as delicups. The plastic stacked ones in the back.

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ohhh. yeah i have some of those. thanks paul

your home and online a lot huh? haha

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you can put them in deli cups at that size np! i only raise nw ts in vials, ow usually get deli cups from the beginning. it's easier to deal with their speed and attitude that way ;) and as long as the container is not really huge, they find their food all right. another thing you can try: pick up the mini crix with youe fingers or thongs and just squeeze a bit. makes them a good meal and no more jumping...

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where can you get the vials that are in the front of that picture?

and I dont mean to post jack, but I have 2 b smthi slings on peat in a room that hovers around the 80's during the day and 70's at night, is all this good?