Sling hides :)

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Iv'e been looking to get my sling a hide but they are very hard to find.. Anything I can use in my backyard? I was thinking of a rock but I don't what size to get. I don't want to get a tiny rock and not be able to burrow? Or they can? IDK HELP ME!!! I'm a noob at all this I'm sorry for all the dumb questions! :(

Axiom

Arachnopeon
How big is your sling? If its around 1-2 cm they would probably just burrow. Based on experience.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Depending on the size of your sling a single fake leave will do for now. ;)

What species is it? How big is it? Pictures?

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Depending on the size of your sling a single fake leave will do for now. ;)

What species is it? How big is it? Pictures?
1/2-3/4 :) Im getting it This Wednesday! I'll most deff get it a leaf. Good thinking :D and It's a Eupalaestrus campestratus

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I got a rock and rinsed it off for my juvenile that I have..
I would advise against rocks in any way. If the sling digs under it, it could come crashing down on it. If you use hides for slings, they should always be light-weighted.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I would advise against rocks in any way. If the sling digs under it, it could come crashing down on it. If you use hides for slings, they should always be light-weighted.
I just took it out.. Im kinda concerned now that it probs has pesticides in the substrate :( Plus I had to move him/her several times because it won't get off the rock 🤧

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Can I use a fake plant instead of a real one? I know people use real ones but I dont want to risk on having pesticides 😢

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Can I use a fake plant instead of a real one? I know people use real ones but I dont want to risk on having pesticides 😢
yes, use fake plant. Cork bark, bottle cap, old overgrown toe nail. Most anything will work. Depending on size, I probably doesn’t need a hide. Anything will work, just make sure it’s clean.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel