Sling had a bad molt

Stevo96

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my C. Versicolor sling molted about 3 days ago. It took her much longer than usual and she needed help getting the last few bits off. The next day she seemed OK but pretty lethargic, I put that down to the stress of the molt. Yesterday I found she'd either lost or chewed off two of her legs and then found another one missing today. All from the same side. My question is what are the chances she'll survive and is there anything I can do to help? Thanks

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
She should be able to survive.They are surprisingly resilient. See this beautiful thread for some guidance and inspiration. This spider had a very hard time but made it to the next molt

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey guys, my C. Versicolor sling molted about 3 days ago. It took her much longer than usual and she needed help getting the last few bits off. The next day she seemed OK but pretty lethargic, I put that down to the stress of the molt. Yesterday I found she'd either lost or chewed off two of her legs and then found another one missing today. All from the same side. My question is what are the chances she'll survive and is there anything I can do to help? Thanks
Can survive, let it harden see how it goes esp feeding

Stevo96

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys, think it's just going to be a case of putting water and crushed crickets in front of her for a few weeks, do you know if she'll try and molt sooner to repair the damage or will a bad molt mean more of a time gap before the next one?

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
Will it survive? Most likely- surprisingly tuff little creatures. But overall - it really is going to need to have a good molt next time.

My versi sling is recovering from a bad molt as well. I'll share my experiences.

Molted right after I got her in the mail. No pedipalps and 4 bad legs. she self amputated one leg a week later. This was on OCT 21st.

I moved her into a short deli cup with fake leaves.
Sort of a "short" arboreal set up. I needed an easy way to monitor and take care of her, while this isn't ideal for an arboreal - its necessary right now.
She has webbed this up a lot I drop water on the webbing every few days to ensure she has moisture.

10 days after the molt, I tried to feed her prekill. She didn't want it. Tried again 3 days later and she ignored it again.
I took a chance and tried live food - she def wanted it. She tried several times to hunt but just couldn't hold the prey down.
We managed to tong feed her live prey about 5 times - if yours takes prekill, obviously that is much safer and preferred.

We fed her every 3 days, hoping to build her up nice and strong for the next molt.
She is now 12 days with no food - she refused twice so now we're just waiting on the molt.

She is by far the most docile T we have doesn't bolt, hardly moves. Probably cause the gimp legs but.. I've seen her try to kill crickets she can definitely still move.

I hope ur little sling does well, keep us posted!