Sling Feeding?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Powerfeeding, comes from the herp hobbies that I have/continue to be a part of it.

I really don't know how anyone can use the term "powerfeeding" with Ts when there is no scientific data (correct me if wrong with citations) demonstrating the frequency and quantity that a given species eats in the wild. If there is, I'd LOVE to read it.

The very word "powerfeeding" to me implies that an owner knows the typical satiety of Ts in the wild.
And I think that's where the term comes under scrutiny in this hobby. As you know, arachnology is horribly underfunded, so I doubt that research will ever be done. I'm not exactly a fan of the term, but it seems more eloquent than saying "I feed my slings 'till they pop. Also, keep 'em warm." I'd love to hear a new term to replace powerfeeding!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My amazonicas have been similar. Now have braunshesheni+versi+metallica to try as well. Although it does seem to get easier after two moults...

If you want a good feeder also try a T. Lagunas if you havent got one. You wont be disappointed. Also blue fangs so far been pretty good.

Just beware of G Pulchra! ha.

p.s yeah I was wondering whether the larger avics (amazonica etc)..like say the King bab etc grow that much slower. Isnt that Kwitara bigger than say a Versi? I guess it makes sense.

Oh Braunshesheni looks just like an Amazonica I will probably get them confused as slings.
In my care sp amazonica don't grow slowly. Kwitara is supposed to be larger, maybe the largest. However the largest report I've seen for a sp K.R. was in Europe, at 8" for a female, but no picture etc. So who really knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they reach 7"

Versi are mid-sized Avics, def. not on the large side. A. geroldi- large, and have a much more massive body than many other Avics from what I have seen, not the typical Avic form. Both of my female A. geroldi were/are quite large. Time will tell.

A. jurensis get pretty big as well.

A. metallica are an excellent species, I loved mine, great disposition and on the larger side too.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey guys! I'm kind of confused on what to do right now. I recently have received 2 slings, C. Elegans, and Eauthlus sp. red. They are both about 1/4". I leave half of a mealworm in each container, or a cricket leg every 2 days, and take it out if it hasn't been eaten in a day. Usually they take the food, problem is that they usually take the food I provide back deep into their burrow. Which makes me unable to take it out without breaking the burrow, or making some sort of disturbance. I've heard not taking out leftover feeding items can cause mold, so what do I do?
I use dubia roaches as main diet and i at all times have food in there with them. Both slings and adults. They cant harm the T´s. I have at all times atleast 2 fullgrown dubia in there with the adults, and i never loose a T. I do however not leave crickets and mealworms in there with the small T´s for long time, and i never use them for adults. I never give them prekilled, many times they dont eat it and it will just stay there and rot, and as a bonus attract small annoying flies and such....