Sling feeding while gone on trip??

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everyone, I will be leaving for 10 days on a trip to Haiti and was wondering how to handle my slings as far as feeding/misting. I do not have friends that can come over and mist/feed them in this time, so that's not an option. If I mist and feed the day before I leave will that suffice? I have 5 slings smaller than .75". Any advice would be great! THanks!

Aaron

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would think not feeding them for ten days shouldn't be a problem. I would worry more about water. Rather than misting before you leave, perhaps you could leave water droplets on the side of the vial with an eyedropper and moisten the substrate along one edge?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would think not feeding them for ten days shouldn't be a problem. I would worry more about water. Rather than misting before you leave, perhaps you could leave water droplets on the side of the vial with an eyedropper and moisten the substrate along one edge?
Eriks right. You've got nothing to worry about for only 10 days but as he said, you do want to set up a good water situation to leave them with. A little water in the substrate would be a good way to leave them. Have fun on the trip.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You might also want to try to keep the room humidity up to prevent too much loss of water from the enclosures. Maybe move them to a bathroom and fill the bath/tub with water... that will keep the room air humid, and hopefully prevent loss of water from the spider enclosures.

Just a thought.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im going away for 7 days leaving tomorrow. You dont really need to worry about things. Im moistening their substrates, and also misting them. Giving the ones large enough for a water dish fresh clean water, and thats all im really going to do. then ill feed them once I get back. That should work fine for you as well.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you have nothing to worry about. i went away for 14 days and left mine just as is and they were fine. just feed well before hand, and water them a little more (but not much) than you normally do.

if your really worried about water, put thier enclosures in a container and make sure they won't fall over. put 1" of water in the bottom of the bigger container, and put a lid on it. make sure there is some ventilation, for air movement. this should work.