Sling enclosure...

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Well I was bored today, had a little extra peat moss left over and decided to make a sling enclosure. Not completely sure if I'll get one, but maybe sometime in the future. ;) Anyways, I made it out of a small jar and tried to make it so it'd be suitable for any sling, terrestrial or arboreal. From what you see in the pics, does that look okay?

100% peat moss; the leaf is artificial and the twig came with the peat moss. The black thing is a small shelter made out of an eyedropper cap, the white thing is a very small shallow water dish, and the pinkish thing by the water dish is a small rock.
I love decorating T tanks. There should be a tv series of Extreme Tank Makeover. {D
Maybe someday I'll be able to put something in that jar. :D

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well done thats good i to enjoy making up the tanks for them any idea what ( t) you get next lol === phil

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I did something similar with my first sling container. I didn't like the ventilation with the holes poked in the lid, though, so I took out the center piece of the lid (the replaceable part with the seal) and just hot glued a piece of metal screen inside the threaded part of the lid. It worked perfectly, though I suppose if I had been housing a species that liked higher humidity, I might have taped off part of the screen.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
well done thats good i to enjoy making up the tanks for them any idea what ( t) you get next lol === phil
Not sure yet. My new juvie a.geniculata is coming in on Wednesday and the breeder apologized for the wait and said he'd include "something nice." Hoping and praying to death that there'll be a complimentary sling. :D Which is one reason why I made this enclosure so quickly; just in case. ;)

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I did something similar with my first sling container. I didn't like the ventilation with the holes poked in the lid, though, so I took out the center piece of the lid (the replaceable part with the seal) and just hot glued a piece of metal screen inside the threaded part of the lid. It worked perfectly, though I suppose if I had been housing a species that liked higher humidity, I might have taped off part of the screen.
Should I do that too? I was thinking maybe if I poked a whole lot of holes in, it'd be kinda like mesh.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think it would depend on what species you were keeping in it. I made mine for a g. aureostriata, who likes his substrate on the drier side, so the screen was the best solution. Try it out as is, and see how much humidity collects on the sides of the jar.