Sling enclosure

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Not Maserati my friend, not Maserati :)

I have a weak point for that beauty :kiss: IMO Maserati are like those Ladies in their 40 more hot, sexy and class than certain in their 20 I tell you.

A kid screwing that line with keys???? A centipede in the butt isn't enough for punishment :-s
Ladies in their 40´s are hotter than their sisters in their 20´s, I agree 100% on that! But to compare them with cars?!?! Lol, even a Maserati doesn´t come close ;)! Nah, "darned" be the cars of mens or gals who cares more about such stuff than about the peoples. As the Bible says: "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.". Put in the words of the National Bolsheviks of todays Europe: "Those with Maseratis shall be put in the Guillotine. They shall keep their cars, but not their heads!". Lol, you know I´m joking, my friend, but as always, there is some truth to it!

cold blood

Staff member
Oh no car has ever beaten American muscle :D:kiss: Screw your fiat 500 @Chris LXXIX That car is what my dad would have called a toy car with carriage wheels :D
Now this is a car if you ask me :kiss:
Yeah, that car will pass anything on the road....except a gas station.:D

About 'muscle cars' pffffff coming from the land of pure 100% handmade & mechanical genius Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati I feel an idiot to talk about those. Sure, some were cool, ok, but seriously compared to what we did like Lamborghini Countach lol :p

Italian sports cars sucks too much that, from U.S to Arabic lands every rich person seek one. Strange lol

In reality the original muscle cars were no different other than the size of the wallets the builders had. Muscle cars, all too often, are hand built and precision tuned cars...and considering the technological and financial differences, muscle cars turned out to still be pretty darn impressive.

Keep in mind, many muscle car enthusiasts feel just as idiotic talking about your Italian computer driven sports cars that lack a real clutch or gear shifter . Muscle cars are easy to fix, those Italian cars are anything but...and they're actually less reliable in the long run, too (save for Porsche). This makes them the supercars for the average guy.

Dirty bomb goes off, no Italian car on the road would run, every single muscle car on the planet wouldn't miss a beat:p Lets hope it doesn't happen, I like seeing ferrarris and Lambos:)

@louise f I would remove that one weird video, I think there may have been a little bit of nudity or its just a little TOO weird for the boards.
:) Link please.
There is a difference between fast and being seen as a symbol of wealth due to the price of the car. Most rich people own one of these cars so others can see their money when they roll up doing the speed limit. Don't get me wrong they are fast but that doesn't drive the sales as much as the 'I'm rich' status that it denotes IMO.
Sorry trenor, in todays day and age, here in the states, a great muscle car costs a shit ton, and they are in fact, status symbols, like it or not. I got a guy down my block with a challenger hellcat...I've never seen it drive faster than the speed limit (although this may be rare with muscle cars), I seriously don't think he opted for the 30K hellcat option for anything BUT status. Muscle cars actually becoming cars of the upper class...the new ones anyway.

I admit they are impressive examples of auto engineering all the way. I just think the majority of people buying them are more after the wealth status symbol then the speed/precision factor.

I grew up around muscle cars/full on drag cars and got to see the precision of the work done to them. I feel I can make a case for them as well. Those people buy/build them just for raw speed and often drive them (on and off the drag strip) that way.
Like I said, I will give you that, most muscle car drivers, having their roots somewhere other than the upper class, tend to be far more inclined to show off or enjoy their cars capabilities on a more regular basis....they're drivers cars, mainly because if you aren't at least a decent driver, a powerful muscle car is probably going to get away from you pretty quickly. They're scary for unskilled drivers....booooo to unskilled drivers!!

Here in the states, that's most drivers unfortunately, as our driver education just teaches how to get from point a to point b without crashing, they do nothing for helping one learn to actually control a car,. Just the most basic terms like over-steer and under-steer are mysterious or misunderstood to most here......just drive around any high speed turn on the freeway here, everyone breaks right at the apex of the turn:banghead::banghead:, the exact moment that they should be applying gas to plant the vehicle, instead they all hit the breaks and upset their chassis, and drive away believing the turn is dangerous.:banghead: No, the turn's fine, you are dangerous!!

Driving education is the single part of being American that I find a little embarrassing to be brutally honest....well, the rampant spraying of pesticides gets to me, too.

nothing beat Italian sport cars. Those are embarassing compared to the 'Cavallino' (Ferrari) or a 'Lambo'. Please lol
See, that's where you are wrong and that's the beauty that lies with muscle cars...a guy can spend a fraction of what you might (not you persay) on a ferrarri or Lambo, and in real world driving situations, the muscle cars are often faster, and easier to drive (flappy paddle gearboxes suck balls in traffic)...Even on a track those muscle cars will run all day with Italy's finest....the only place (aside from aesthetics) a lambo or Ferrari gain an advantage is on a racetrack, and I'm not talking about an oval, because those cars will carve up a muscle car in the twisties.....but in reality, that's a rare driving situation for most of us, and even rarer that you would actually be able to open it up on such roads...so in real life, muscle cars are the best supercar bargain, like it or not. I can drop 15K and get to 60 in 4 seconds or less and reach 190 safely. I haven't even got that used ferrarri to the garage to get its ten thousand dollar tune up yet, or replaced the $7000 rear tires just to make that first trial run.

I've never been a fan of muscle (until very recently), my heart does lie in the same place as yours @Chris LXXIX, I'm pretty sure, but I respect and understand muscle cars, they are a hoot and have their place...and that place is a lot closer to your Italian cars than you might believe.

And I have never been a fan of corvette, I always thought they got way too little out of their 5500rpm red lining V-8s, but you gotta admit, the new corvettes changed all that, they are true supercars now, with actual good build quality, ride quality and supreme speed at a fraction of its competition's price...and they get decent highway mileage to boot, despite that massive power output.

My man those are the results of dreams. Dreams made by the Boot people mans of once with a vision, like Enzo Ferrari, the "Drake". While indeed they are a status symbol, they are perfect, pure class. Speed doersn't matter, matter that amazing grace and class at 360° :-s
I can't disagree, but....

Those same dreams built muscle cars my friend, the same exact dreams....they were just less wealthy folks having those dreams, the results in both cases changed automotive history....for the better.

cold blood

Staff member
Meh I guess... To me though Chevy's muscle cars were the Camaro and the Chevelle SS. The Corvette is a sports car. The distinction (to me) is in the modding one does after buying a stock car. Which you don't see with a Viper or a Corvette.
There are so many tuners across the country that specialize in these cars its not funny...Lingefelder corvettes, Henessey vipers, c'mon man, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ladies in their 40´s are hotter than their sisters in their 20´s, I agree 100% on that! But to compare them with cars?!?! Lol, even a Maserati doesn´t come close ;)! Nah, "darned" be the cars of mens or gals who cares more about such stuff than about the peoples. As the Bible says: "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.". Put in the words of the National Bolsheviks of todays Europe: "Those with Maseratis shall be put in the Guillotine. They shall keep their cars, but not their heads!". Lol, you know I´m joking, my friend, but as always, there is some truth to it!
Oh, only those in their 40 but those sexy my man, not those chubby like Napoli girls after an helluva of 'pastiera' cake :)

I particularly love the Italian sexy Lady in the prime 40 (max 45 uh) when I was working in the court, since I was single back then I was after those like a Bandog for thugs.

The secret, or better what worked for me, was to use polished words about the way those dressed, especially the hat -- they love high priced hats and glasses -- they are surrounded by fake alpha macho male without a bit of education, rude mans... while I loved to act the opposite, a mix of D'Annunzio style and irony.

I suppose worked also because, muahahah, their so were busy thinking about BMW, Maserati, and, more probably, that young secretary :-s

cold blood

Staff member
This is true my man, because, while I can agree with Trenor about Corvette not being a muscle car (the recent models IMO aren't) the models of the past were 100% muscle cars. My cousin received as prize for his California school/college/what was I dunno, from my Uncle/Aunt a Corvette Stingray (the model of the '70) and that look IMO was a muscle car one.
Yeah, a slow muscle car;)

cold blood

Staff member
The Corvette is the fastest car for the money generally speaking. People who buy Corvettes are not morons. I'd buy both Corvette and Ferrari.

While the Italians have excellent cars, ie Ferrari and Lamborghini, the Ford GT40 is one of the best cars in 24 hr Le Mans history.

The USA has never been a luxury sports car manufacturer unlike Italy, but it is one of the best home-grown hot rod countries you'll ever find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_24_hours_of_Le_Mans_records#Most_Wins_2

Here's an interesting read too

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/fastest-cars-in-the-world-photo-gallery/#/4
Ford Gt's are ridiculous, so beautiful and a total package....unfortunately, they're also about the most unreliable sports car ever made. I recall when the new ones came out, Jeremy Clarkson (formerly the producer of Top Gear) got one, the damn thing broke every time he tried to drive it...hilariously unreliable...unless of course you shelled out a house worth's of cash for it.

cold blood

Staff member

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Oh, only those in their 40 but those sexy my man, not those chubby like Napoli girls after an helluva of 'pastiera' cake :)
Oh, I agree! They probably overdid both the spaghetti and the olio part of the common spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino dish for years! I run the risk of being branded as sexist by the commies of Bologna or Livorno now, but I prefer the Italian Ladies who didn´t do this...

cold blood

Staff member
Your Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Corvettes, BMW´s, Maseratis or Ford "explosives" shall all be rendered useless! In the end, they can´t even drive on a Norwegian road during winter!?!?! In addition, they shall all be "destroyed" by some kids with some keys walking by in the coming years. If you want a car to rely on, get a Lada 4x4, a cheap old Fiat, an old Yugo, an old Skoda or some other reliable vehicle who works like a tank, but doesn´t look pretty! That´s the opinion and advice of someone not caring about cars, but who cares a lot about politics and current events!
Yeah, but you could carve up those roads with an STi or an evo....another batch of cars that run like and with supercars, for a fraction of the price and significant improvements when it comes to reliability.

I saw a road test, on a track, with an evo racing a new murcielago....their performance ON THE TRACK, was identical, that evo was glued to that loambo the entire race...the only reason it didn't pass was that the lambo was too wide to allow the evo to safely scoot by. Same basic speed, even on a track....a small fraction of the price....and it will deal with snow all day long.

I tell you , you want bang for the buck, nothing says speed like an Ariel Atom....Saw this race a crotch rocket (a CBR) and it smoked it in a straight line, but when it hit the curves, it left that bike in its wake...ridiculous.

And this isn't even the fastest version:wideyed:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Oh, I agree! They probably overdid both the spaghetti and the olio part of the common spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino dish for years! I run the risk of being branded as sexist by the commies of Bologna or Livorno now, but I prefer the Italian Ladies who didn´t do this...
Man that's a class A recipe let me tell you :)
I love spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino :kiss: it's even aphrodisiac.

Bologna & Livorno? :eek: <--- Eek! Avoid those cities, there's Zombies lol

cold blood

Staff member
Oh, for the record, this isn't the watering hole (I did forget where I was for a bit...hehe)....the title here is:

Sling enclosures.

oops, sorry op....I hope you like cars.:astonished::astonished:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Sorry trenor, in todays day and age, here in the states, a great muscle car costs a shit ton, and they are in fact, status symbols, like it or not. I got a guy down my block with a challenger hellcat...I've never seen it drive faster than the speed limit (although this may be rare with muscle cars), I seriously don't think he opted for the 30K hellcat option for anything BUT status. Muscle cars actually becoming cars of the upper class...the new ones anyway.
Like I said, I will give you that, most muscle car drivers, having their roots somewhere other than the upper class, tend to be far more inclined to show off or enjoy their cars capabilities on a more regular basis....they're drivers cars, mainly because if you aren't at least a decent driver, a powerful muscle car is probably going to get away from you pretty quickly. They're scary for unskilled drivers....booooo to unskilled drivers!!
I know man and it makes me sad. My grandfather used to race Shuffletown and many other drag strips all over NC and the surrounding states. He was known to slide out for some back roads racing as well. I grew up around building and tweaking drag/muscle cars. In my late teens/early 20's we put me a 73 Satellite Seabring together with a 440. I ran some at the Rockingham drag strip and other places. I also on occasion did some back road road runs though I was more fond of time runs over racing others.

One of my big regrets is selling that car when times got tight in college.

There are so many tuners across the country that specialize in these cars its not funny...Lingefelder corvettes, Henessey vipers, c'mon man, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know;)
Yeah, but to me it'll never be the same. I think of muscle car and I'm in the shop with grandpa fixing/tuning the car we built in preparation for hitting the drag strip later. Competing against others who built their cars to see how I match up. Nothing too fancy, just some guys and girls enjoying fast cars. Not some 'I bought this car off a showroom floor and had some guy tune it for me so I could have a muscle car' junk.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Oh, for the record, this isn't the watering hole (I did forget where I was for a bit...hehe)....the title here is:

Sling enclosures.

oops, sorry op....I hope you like cars.:astonished::astonished:
Yeah, we should take this elsewhere. :p

cold blood

Staff member
Nah, it's a fair price considering everything :-s
If you can buy as decent house for the price of the car, its crazily priced;)

$100,000-200,00 is a lot of cash...yeah, 50gs less than a comparable ferrarri or Lambo, but not enough of a price difference to not still call them crazily priced.