Sling Enclosure Swapping

Androxian

Arachnopeon
Hello fellow arachnoaddicts,

I just recieved a B. hamorii sling (1in) and it's now out of the shy shipping phase. I do have a question however, I feel very much like my A. geniculata's (2in) enclosure would benefit this sling much more (they're both identical enclosures with the same dimensions) since the A. geniculata has already established a very nice, sling friendly enclosure. So I was wondering if, without changing any of the substrate, could I just swap the two tarantulas into the other one's enclosure without issue? I haven't been able to find any other resources for a question like this so I take it to you, the people.

Note: The A. geniculata is getting rehoused in 9 days when the new enclosures get here for the slings that are getting a bit too cramped for their current enclosures. Would I be able to put the B. hamorii in the A. geniculata's enclosure at that point in time? Or should I just leave the B. hamorii to do it's own thing in its enclosure?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Slings are much more forgiving than established adults...as long as you're not re-housing it every other week...there shouldn't be any problems.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would say go for it, I put 2 slings recently into enclosures that after 2 weeks realized they were either too big or I didn’t like the set up inside, so I rehoused them and it worked out much better.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Yes, they don't carry contaminants. Maybe the odd mite, but nothing hugely detrimental to their health.