Sling Emergency

dannygoblin34

Arachnopeon
so I'm having a H.venatoria male, but suddenly there are slings coming outta nowhere, should I kill them rehouse my male?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Why kill them? Rehouse all of them. I’m not understanding the question

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
It could have been a female that had babies. People incorrectly sex tarantulas all the time!

dannygoblin34

Arachnopeon
Why kill them? Rehouse all of them. I’m not understanding the question
its soo small im not sure i can care them very well... i found 5 of them alrd, idk if theres more. or should i release the slings and rehouse the adult?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
If they are native to the habitat, then release them into the wild. If they are not. Rehouse them.

dannygoblin34

Arachnopeon
If they are native to the habitat, then release them into the wild. If they are not. Rehouse them.
they r native, all of my spiders r wild capture. aight thx. but I'm not sure how to get em out, should i wait them till they grow a lil bit bigger?

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If they’re native, just release them. There’s no reason to kill them. If this is a H. venatoria then it must be an immature, because they get FAR bigger than that. I can’t tell the sex from that picture but maybe someone with a keen eye can.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
they r native, all of my spiders r wild capture. aight thx. but I'm not sure how to get em out, should i wait them till they grow a lil bit bigger?
Carefully get the one out you want. Rehouse into new enclosure. Leave lid off old enclosure and set out in a good spot. They will crawl out and go be one with nature.

NYAN

Arachnoking
The spider in the photo either isn’t H. venatoria or isn’t a mature female.

Not sure where your slings are coming from, but not there.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here take a look, is this not H.venatoria?
This is definitely a Heteropoda sp. (I’m not 100% sure if it’s venatoria), but either way it’s definitely not laying any eggs just based on size. I wonder if maybe there was a stowaway in your enclosure that gave birth to the slings?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Venatoria mom would have been packing obvious egg sack under her. Sounds like some youngsters came to visit. Enjoy their antics then move them back outside.

Venatoria mom, typical coloration, with sac under her and disbursing kids.