Sling died or Molting

Corristos

Arachnopeon
Good Evening,
im totally new in the Sling buis and kinda new in the tarantula Hobby as well.
Bought a Sling of a Grammostola Pulchra and got it 2 days ago.
At first it semed all fine with the Sling but now its liing on its side in her Terra.
i dont know why but i guess its dead? or Molting?
And i dont know why it happened it did everything as i was supposed to :/

Attachments

Corristos

Arachnopeon
Dont know exactly i was at worik for about 8 hours.
when i left she was sitting under her Cork.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Do you mind trying to get another pic from the side, with the whole thing in view?

It does look like quite a bit of moisture, also might be a tad large. What intruiges me is the substrate looks "moundy" like you just tossed some potting soil in there and got it wet. That's why I ask for another photo, it's just a bit challenging to make out what I'm seeing.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
That doesn't look like regular molting sadly.
G. Pulchra molts on a web sheet (At least mine did).
How was its vehaviour like before you found it like this?
I hope im wrong on this and it's actually molting though. Monitor carefully for any movement.

It does look quite wet in there though. Shouldve been kept in a small,dryer enclosure.

Corristos

Arachnopeon
It was most of the time just sitting arround under Cork.
Refused eating but thats normal in the first days isnt it?
I read that they borrow normaly but it did not do any try to do that.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
My hope is that it's molting, although the chances of that being the case seem to be grim.

Unfortunately I think this may be a sling that didn't make it, but I would wait to get a second opinion before taking it out or anything.

The the enclosure looks fine, maybe a tad big but size-wise I don't think that was the case. It does look really moist though, and the first picture shows condensation on the side which isn't the worst but it does look like more water was in there than needed to be. The substrate looks clumpy, and for the future I'd recommend packing it down with your fist. You want the ground to be well compacted, as most T's from what I understand don't like loose sub. There may be a bit too much space between the top of the sub and the top of the enclosure, but there's no leakage from what I see so I don't think it was a fall.

If indeed your sling has passed, I'm sorry for your loss :(

Corristos

Arachnopeon
Oh man i hope so much its not dead but yea it doesnt look good for me as well.
Damn really sad first Sling died its tragic. But no reason to give up i guess.
next try will follow.
Yea i read that Slings need moisture and G. pulchra likes it moist. But maybe it was a little too much.
Hmm i will Update u and post my enclosure here next time before i put a new Sling inside maybe i can avoid something like that.
And Thanks for ur fast respond.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Sling will molt within the day. If there is no change by tomorrow, it is grim. I dont think it is molting though. My advise is wait for now

Corristos

Arachnopeon
I've thrown the bag away no i cant send u a picture sry :/
But if u want to know if it was fertilized or anything it was not.

Corristos

Arachnopeon
I bought it in a Pet Store its normaly used for geckos and stuff guess it should be Fine
i can send u picture tomorrow
sry im from Germany and i dont know the right words in english sometimes :D

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
It happened to my pulchra sling too. It died the day after I received the sling. Sometimes when the package got tossed around during shipment, the sling would be injured. Try to talk to the seller to see if there is anything you can do. I received partial refund which lead me to another pulchra sling on sale
BB6A0253-3F8A-4530-9546-23D2FD5909B4.jpeg
View attachment IMG_1526.MP4