Sling died last night...

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
179
A B. smithi I recently purchased from Ken was found dead last night. I am supposing from molting problems? Not really sure but it was fine and active, ate the day after I got it, then barricaded itself in its hide. I thought it was going to molt, but last night I got curious and un covered it very carefully, and the bugger was dead! My G. pulchra is doing fine eating well and burrowing.
I don't blame Ken in any way for this , I was just wanting to know from some of you if this is common for slings?
 

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
183
Ya it happens every once and a great while... I think of it as natural section in a way. Sry to here about that. I lost a Avic. avic. sling a week or 2 back.
 

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
179
Is it less common in older T's? Other than a T. blondi are there others that are more susceptible to it?
 

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
257
Is it less common in older T's? Other than a T. blondi are there others that are more susceptible to it?
well i think its more of natural defenses. like when you were a baby could you protect you self from things like the elements better than when you were 20? i hope ya understand what i mean. sorry bout ya sling its suck i love b.smithis
 

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
296
There are many working by the theory that it's because in every "litter" of anything living, there are runts. We strive to keep them alive, of course, thus, sometimes younglings of any sort die unexpectedly, because they were not technically meant to make it. Kinda.. I'm awful at explaining, but I hope that made some sense..
 

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
179
I am begining to think that I should not have slings! So you know about the B. smithi( which by the way was one of my fav species, top 5 at least)So today I come home from work go directly to check on my G. pulchra and it is being eaten by a cricket I put in before I left for work! I dont know if the feeder cricket killed it or what but it was definitely munching down. I didn't know the feeder crickets would do that, I know the wild ones will in a heart beat, damn I'm stupid!
 

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
257
I am begining to think that I should not have slings! So you know about the B. smithi( which by the way was one of my fav species, top 5 at least)So today I come home from work go directly to check on my G. pulchra and it is being eaten by a cricket I put in before I left for work! I dont know if the feeder cricket killed it or what but it was definitely munching down. I didn't know the feeder crickets would do that, I know the wild ones will in a heart beat, damn I'm stupid!
dang that sucks... i always kinda smash the mouth of the cricket so this doesnt happen not humane but iam not losing a T to a cricket lol
 

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
179
Thanx for the idea, I will definitely try that when my next ones come in on tuesday.
I have used feeder crickets for other animals and never thought twice about it, just my dumb luck, THANX MURPHY!
 
Top