Sling delayed in shipping

daaafnuh

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

this is my first post on here so i hope i’m doing this okay. I have a little bit of a situation. Wednesday a seller sent out my package, which only contains a 1cm Brachipelma Hamorii sling. I know it is a reputable seller as i have ordered from him before. His packaging is always great and he told me he included a heatpack. The package was supposed to arrive on thursday as it was express shipping. However, i very quickly got a notification that the package was delayed one day, so it would arrive on friday. At this point i already started to feel worried, since the temperatures in my country (i live in The Netherlands) have dropped significantly the past week. We have night temperatures of about 6 - 7 degrees Celsius at the moment. Anyway, on friday i got a notification that my shipment was delayed again. I immediately called the shipping company and they ensured me my package would arrive on saturday max. I told them that it was really important that this package would be delivered no later than saturday, and they reassured me that this would be no issue. It is now saturday and i haven’t received the package. I called the company again and now they’re telling me it might not get delivered until wednesday (this is in 4 days!!?!?!). I’m starting to really freak out. Do you guys think there is any possibility that the sling is still alive?

- Daffy

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
There’s no way to tell, some people have gotten packages delayed and everything arrived fine after a week or so, but not always. Sending you good energy 🕷🌈🕷🌈🕷

daaafnuh

Arachnopeon
Guess what? Postnl just delivered my package and the sling is doing perfectly fine! Thanks for the replies☺❤

cold blood

Staff member
As you see, delays, with properly packed ts, rarely result in dead ts....your temps may have been cold, but postal companies dont store their mail outside generally, so delays tend to be inside facilities, safe....ive had packages lost in terrible heat for 3 weeks without any losses.

Enjoy your new critter.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
The longest I waited for a package is 16 days. The lowest temperature outside was 4°C during this period. It doesn't mean that it was the temperature inside the package since it was well packed. Everything was ok and all the animals was alive and healthy.
From Poland to Sweden

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Happy ending and congratulations.

Wish I had the same ending this week 😔