Sling Climber

KenTheOtherBugGuy

Arachnosquire
Hey guys,

I have a Salmon Pink 0.75" and a Chilean Rose 1" slings. My Salmon Pink is fine, it's comfortable with the enclosure but my Chilean Rose always climbs... therefore it misses it's food. Is it good for a sling to always climb or am I just being..out of it with my slings...? haha

Thank you!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
all tarantulas climb a bit here and there. if the sub is too moist an arid species will try to escape it by climbing.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
If a sling is missing food, it's probably in too large a container...climbing or not.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
One of my Euathlus slings used to climb. It calmed down when I put in a fake leaf (silk). It covers almost half the enclosure, the sling loves hiding under it. Doesn't climb anymore. And I put drops of water on it, so the sling can drink.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
My g.rosea also liked to climb up the enclosure and place its little front legs to the vent holes,i touched its legs one time,i thought it wanted to do the 'The creation of Adam' thing,lol. it didnt really bothered me much since it only did this the first 1 or 2 weeks of rehousing which is very common,so just relax.

KenTheOtherBugGuy

Arachnosquire
One of my Euathlus slings used to climb. It calmed down when I put in a fake leaf (silk). It covers almost half the enclosure, the sling loves hiding under it. Doesn't climb anymore. And I put drops of water on it, so the sling can drink.
Nice, I'll copy you on this.. hehe:)

KenTheOtherBugGuy

Arachnosquire
My g.rosea also liked to climb up the enclosure and place its little front legs to the vent holes,i touched its legs one time,i thought it wanted to do the 'The creation of Adam' thing,lol. it didnt really bothered me much since it only did this the first 1 or 2 weeks of rehousing which is very common,so just relax.
Hah nice, nice. I'll just rehouse it with something that they can hide on to :)