sling care.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
not to long ago 2 of my C.gracillis had roughly 60 slings between the 2 of them. there starting to come there backs and im finding it a huge chore trying to seperate the slings to a new enclosure. the method of been using is trying to coax them on a q-tip, but that has been less then sucessful. whats the best way to handle small slings? also as far as food goes they appear small enough to eat large springtails and fruit flys. this should get them to the next instar? thanks ahead of time!

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would just nudge mine with forceps when trying to separate them out. That or if you have the space at the bottom of the enclosure, you can try to corral them into an open vial to transfer them. Fruit flies and large springtails should be fine, but you can also toss in pinhead crickets and they should do alright with those too.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Roaches with very small nymphs work too. I believe I used little Kenyan nymphs with mine, though it could have been a mix of small roaches.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
unfortunately i dont have any small roach nymphs avaliable. will the scavage like tarantula slings?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They aren't huge scavengers if I remember correctly, but they can if you leave the food near their favorite hiding spots.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
They aren't huge scavengers if I remember correctly, but they can if you leave the food near their favorite hiding spots.
they seem to be doing well on flightless fruit flies, and some of the larger springtails. i wish they would scavage like T slings!