Sling Cancelled Molt?

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Hey, had something funky happen. I searched the forums but only found one other post that didn't seem analogous.

Context, I rehoused my T albopilosus yesterday, not realizing how large the abdomen was. Her previous tank was opaque and she liked to hide, so I was already too deep into it before I noticed.

Anyway, this morning I check on the spiders and she's molting. She's in the perfect position for a picture, so I capitalized on it and took one. I went about my business watering and performing maintenance, then checked on her again before I left the spider room. Thing is, I found her normal at this point.

Anybody ever had a T "cancel" a molt before? I opened her cage very gently as to limit disturbance, but she probably didn't like the light much.

These two photos were taken 10 minutes apart.

IMG_9926.JPG IMG_9931.JPG

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Yeah. This happens. I had a T. albo on its back a while ago that flipped and waited another two days to do the deed.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Check out my post here
You will notice the date when I started the thread and the date of my last post.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Check out my post here
You will notice the date when I started the thread and the date of my last post.
That's extremely strange - I hope my sling molts in a day or two like DomGom said his have.

Either way not worried, the spider will do as it does.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Maybe yours just had a carapace itch and needed to take care of it!!

But yeah Ive had that happen, actually a few times. Had them flip on their back, for what ever reason flip back upright, and then molt upright later that day. They do weird things sometimes. Maybe yours will flip back over, or molt upright.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Just checked on it again - it actually molted at some point. I guess that's the tarantula version of a 360

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I have a T Stirmi that did the beach layout for a full day recently. I did the stink test to see if it was dead. Nothing. Next morning it was molted and spicy as ever. As I've said before, all you need is more spiders to divert your attention. This is especially hard for some folks.
By spiders I mean any invert or even reptile/amph. Toads should eat up a good amount of your time for feeding and cleaning/scheduled vitamin dusting. If you have the budget. Buy more. No one here will shame you... I guarantee.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I have a T Stirmi that did the beach layout for a full day recently. I did the stink test to see if it was dead. Nothing. Next morning it was molted and spicy as ever. As I've said before, all you need is more spiders to divert your attention. This is especially hard for some folks.
By spiders I mean any invert or even reptile/amph. Toads should eat up a good amount of your time for feeding and cleaning/scheduled vitamin dusting. If you have the budget. Buy more. No one here will shame you... I guarantee.
Oh I have plenty already, bought some as recently as last week. And almost bought more today...but they were already sold, lol.

I just don't catch them laying on their backs recreationally all that often so I was curious. As-is typical, the answer was "spider will spider"