Sling Behavior question

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it normal for my slings (desert blonde and Pink zebra beauty) 1 in to be running from me and hiding everytime I open up there enclosure to clean the little balls of left over cricket? Just curious everone here talks about there Ts being relativly calm was not sure if that was the same for the slings too...

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I find slings to be quicker to hide than their adult conterparts. You probably seem like a gaint to them, so it makes sense that they would hide.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think s'lings are a little more spooky. But after they get used to your feeding/maintenance schedule they become less skittish. I try to feed about the same time every feeding. My Haplopelma albostriatum was never seen except for the middle of the night with a flashlight. After about 3 weeks it would sit at it's burrow entrance, but the slightest bump on it's enclosurewould send it down it's burrow. Now, about 4 weeks later it will sit out in the open even when I open up the lid to feed or do maintenance and not plunge down it's burrow.

Andy

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Sling thing

My B. smithi slings (3/4") have relaxed a bit after being with me for almost 2 months. They darted around every time I opened their deli cups - now they seem to not sweat me too much. I'll start handling them soon. My B. boehmei (1/4") is way too spooky - it always tries to dive into the substrate when I open the deli cup (looks like an ostrich) - but, it jumps on crickets like a monster!

Peace