sling ate a pre-killed cricket but left its carcass in the bottom of burrow.

alexbwkim

Arachnopeon
My sling has eaten a small cricket that I killed beforehand. It dragged it to the bottom of the enclosure, sucked out the juices and has left it for some time now. I thought when things get messy the T will drag out the carcass from the enclosure to the surface. The carcass has now completely liquefied and is sitting in a sopping wet heap in the bottom of the enclosure, should I be concerned? Is there any way to remove it without destroying the sling's really fragile looking volcano shaped burrow that it's been working on for like a month now?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Some tarantulas will leave the boluses inside of their burrows. I just remove the boluses I can easily access with my tongs and IME it is not worth it to risk destroying their burrows in order to get them out. I´ve never had any problems with mites as a result of it.

alexbwkim

Arachnopeon
Some tarantulas will leave the boluses inside of their burrows. I just remove the boluses I can easily access with my tongs and IME it is not worth it to risk destroying their burrows in order to get them out. I´ve never had any problems with mites as a result of it.
aight cool thanks!

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
especially with slings that you dont need to humidify as much it is not a problem. just dont spray water near the burrow and youre fine

Devin B

Arachnobaron
You sling should move it out of its burrow eventually. Mine always put it in the same spot in their enclosure. After they do that its easy peasy to clean.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Slings normally take good care of their burrows and clean up the mess they sometimes make. Even if it is a wet soup of cricket remains, I think your sling will find a way to clean it up. I always find it funny to see how they rearrange their burrows. He will probably burrow somewhere else or tunnel away from the dirty area if he doesn't like it.