Sling 2 weeks in premolt

joujisayson

Arachnopeon
My 2" B. Boehmei sling has been in premolt for 2 weeks, I know it is because its abdomen is shiny and its bald spots turned dark. Is it normal for a sling to be in premolt for this long? I'm worried because I heard that it experienced a 3ft fall from its previews owner,though he looks alright and normal, I think that may cause him to bad molt. And to add, I accidentally fed him while in premolt.

cold blood

Staff member
Yes its normal...perfectly normal. I have had Brachy slings a quarter the size of yours go 3-6 months in pre-molt.....2 weeks for one that size is nothing.

Feeding in pre molt matters not...generally the t just refuses...some still eat.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Premolt can last several months. Nothing to worry about.

If it was going to die from the fall you describe, it would have died within 24 hours.

Just relax and let it do tarantula things. Providing water is more important than food. They can go far longer than you think with nothing to eat.

joujisayson

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys, you put my mind at ease.

Here's a picture of it.

I apologize for late reply.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, it's in heavy premolt. If you keep offering food I'd make sure it was prekilled. It's plump though so I'd just let it molt when it's ready. Make sure it has plenty of fresh water.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I hope you have a dry side in that enclosure, this species doesn't like too much moisture.
True. My B. boehmei sling is basically a pet pebble, but it's pretty much never on the wet side of the enclosure aside from 30-60 minutes in the evening. Makes sense for a desert species.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
True. My B. boehmei sling is basically a pet pebble, but it's pretty much never on the wet side of the enclosure aside from 30-60 minutes in the evening. Makes sense for a desert species.
Yeah exactly, I have a male that should be maturing next molt, every time I overflow his water dish in the slightest he moves towards the other side of his enclosure.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'd be surprised if that spider will not molt within a week or two, maybe less. I would stop feeding until it molts, it has everything it needs. And let the substrate dry out a little ;)
Just keep the waterdish full.