Slight Case Of Arachnodiction !!

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
So In the past few weeks my collections gone from 2 Ts to 10, with more Ts adding to my wish list it shows no sign of stopping soon :happy: how bigs everyone else collection and how long did it take before it got out of control

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So In the past few weeks my collections gone from 2 Ts to 10, with more Ts adding to my wish list it shows no sign of stopping soon :happy: how bigs everyone else collection and how long did it take before it got out of control
To some members, ten tarantulas is a mere starter pack!

I currently have seven tarantulas and would easily have more if I had more space for enclosures. This is when I got what:
  • Avicularia avicularia: 11/28/2013
  • Avicularia avicularia: 4/29/2014
  • Grammostola pulchra: 9/5/2015
  • Grammostola pulchra: 9/26/2015
  • Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens: 9/25/2016
  • Acanthoscurria geniculata: 1/4/2017
  • Dolichothele diamantinensis: 1/4/2017

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
175 at the highest within a year of returning to the hobby. 122 give or take currently.
List in my profile is current. Whats control? :rofl:

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
@Ungoliant yea I agree ten is a starter pack for some and hope once get bit more space to get a fair few more can't wait to get few Avics strictly terrestrials atm but started with (Rough dates brain like goldfish )
G. Rosea. Oct 2013
B smithi. Sep 2015
Gbb x2 Jan 2016
Genic.
Inci x2
B Emilia
G. Pulchripes
All the latest ones have been slings so made the financial side be easier can't wait till they grow !!

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
@sdsnybny Wow bet you love rehouse week haha thinking of starting A.A meetings free sling after every meeting .
Fav species I u can pick just one

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Probably average 1-2 hrs total for feeding, watering, cleaning, and rehousing per day.
Not to bad I'm retired and it keeps me occupied.

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Probably average 1-2 hrs total for feeding, watering, cleaning, and rehousing per day.
Not to bad I'm retired and it keeps me occupied.
Yea I bet and perfect thing then always something to keep ya busy with collection that size once ya finished back to the start.
You mated any of ya collection?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I lost track at 11 but I know it is less than 20 ( not for long, as it will expand soon)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Yea I bet and perfect thing then always something to keep ya busy with collection that size once ya finished back to the start.
You mated any of ya collection?
Yes I have, but no sacs yet. E. sp Yellow, B. smithi, T. ockerti, H. sp "Columbia" lg, (3) G. porteri, A. versicolor. sent MM's on breeding loans P. metallica and E. uatuman.
Hope to get sacs soon!

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Yes I have, but no sacs yet. E. sp Yellow, B. smithi, T. ockerti, H. sp "Columbia" lg, (3) G. porteri, A. versicolor. sent MM's on breeding loans P. metallica and E. uatuman.
Hope to get sacs soon!
Yea fingers crossed then looking to loan out my b smith once he's matured if I can hope to have a go at breeding in few more years wish ya all the best hope them girlies drop u some big sacs give ya few more to keep ya busy till ya find them some new homes :happy:
Any species u recommend trying first ?

skyvie

Arachnopeon
Let's see... Current collection is 13 and I think I've finally discovered my "thing" now. It's funny how your collection spreads a little haphazardly - like a creeping vine - until you decide what direction everything should take (your personal focus so to speak).

It took all of 1 month after my first T before the "madness" started and I needed another, then another. If money weren't an issue, I'd probably be up in the 30s or something.:rolleyes:

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Let's see... Current collection is 13 and I think I've finally discovered my "thing" now. It's funny how your collection spreads a little haphazardly - like a creeping vine - until you decide what direction everything should take (your personal focus so to speak).

It took all of 1 month after my first T before the "madness" started and I needed another, then another. If money weren't an issue, I'd probably be up in the 30s or something.:rolleyes:
Couldn't agree with ya more lol creepy vine on steroids and if money and space was no object ild be swimming in them the "scary" pet that ain't all that scary jut a bit misunderstood
I'll message you in few months time see if ya still at that number 13 :embarrassed:

Timc

Arachnosquire
I'm currently at 10 after a couple males passes over the winter. If you ask my girlfriend I'm already out of control, but if I could I'd have a lot more...all the brachys all the avics et. all

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
@Timc Ahh mines the same mate one more Ts just less attention for her lol and build a shed to put em in that was my way round it lol coz unfortunately for her it's a package deal
Bet ya males going was a killer only got couple years left tops with me b smithi will be acquiring replacements tho

Timc

Arachnosquire
@Timc Ahh mines the same mate one more Ts just less attention for her lol and build a shed to put em in that was my way round it lol coz unfortunately for her it's a package deal
Bet ya males going was a killer only got couple years left tops with me b smithi will be acquiring replacements tho
Lol the shed isn't a bad idea. Unfortunately I live in an apartment and if they saw me building a shed in the courtyard there'd probably be some questions I don't want to answer, seeing as they don't know there's any spiders in my place. And yeah males are a shame. My H. sp. Columbia just hooked out yesterday so I'm a little miffed about that cause that little spider is awesome. His days are sadly numbered.