Skin or balding problem...?

domesday

Arachnopeon
hi, i just wanna know if the balding of my l. difficilis is normal. the bald spot seems to get bigger everyday. im just worried that my difficilis have some sort of skin problem... tnx. :)

Last edited:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's normal for all New World T's. They rub of the urticating hairs with their back legs when they are irritated and want to be left alone. I have an A. seemanni that looks just like that. All of the hairs will return after the next molt. Have you notice that bahavior?

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
kicking hairs

Shes been rubbing off urticating hairs, all new-worlders will do that sometimes. Just dont let the hairs get into your eyes, and wash your hands after handling her (if you do) if your hand starts to itch.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you do handle

Heh, forgot the pic shows you obviously DO handle the T, so wash your hands afterword.

domesday

Arachnopeon
k, thanks guys. i am worried coz i don't see my T rubbing its back and it gets balder everday... :)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
don't worry about it...makes it easier to tell when a molt is coming up too :) When that light colored skin starts turning dark it's getting ready to get bigger!