Skeleton Tarantula (Ephebopus murinus)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Does anyone have any good info on this spider?

Big Dragonfly

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
HUMIDITY
HUMIDITY
HUMIDITY

... They're fast, defensive and eat a ton. HUMIDITY!

;)

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pretty much the same thing again... except I will add they are gorgeous and they burrow so you won't see it much.

VERY aggressive from what I have read.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They do dig a lot, but my little one is often out of it's burrows, looking for food. And MAN can it EAT !! It is about 2.5 inches right now, and although it is fairly well behaved for now, it has reared up and/ or struck more than once. It digs the coolest tunnels/ towers, and frequently renovates it's enclosure. They are also very nice looking IMO. They like it humid, and about 75 + degrees .

Marcink125

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love these little guys!!!!

I have one that is 2 and half inches. He is really shy and is not really defensive. HE does not burrow insted he makes web tunnels. I ussually don't go in his cage more than once a day. When I firt got him he was very nervous but he tolerates me really well. He is not really skittish but he is very cautious. I think I just got lucky. I'm not sure if its a male of not, but i'm just asumming is a male.

Paulie B

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone know much about the Burgundy Skeleton (cant recall the Scientific name) ? Is it kept in similar conditions.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The burgandy ones do not get as large as the e. murinus ones. I will trying to breed the e.murinus ones sometime soon its my first attempt at breeding any species of tarantula.

John

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From my experience I can say two things. They're rather defensive, and they need it very humid. Especially as spiderlings.

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I like to keep the cyanognathus myself. Mine have built really elaborate tunnel systems. And are extremely aggressive (fangs dripping with venom and all). For some reason mine arent really big eaters, but they do eat healthily. Very humid, and VERY gorgeous species. Even prettier when younger. They sort of dull out when older, but in the right light they shine like no other species I've seen :)

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
One of my favorites. Mine has burrowed next to the glass and is visible .Eats like a horse. Here she is.

Attachments