Sizing

MKG

Arachnopeon
Im looking to purchase my bet 1st T. When they say 3/4" to 1" what does this mean? Are they really little?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Measurements in the United States go based off of diagonal leg span (dls). That's the measurement from the top left foot to the bottom right foot. Yes, those would be small spiders. Slings, that is - spiderlings, baby spiders.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Measurements in the United States go based off of diagonal leg span (dls). That's the measurement from the top left foot to the bottom right foot. Yes, those would be small spiders. Slings, that is - spiderlings, baby spiders.
But it's also worth noting that not all sellers record the length accurately, so you could get a T much larger or smaller than described.

MKG

Arachnopeon
Thank you. They are so little then. Being a beginner is that too small for me to start with? I'm looking at Jamie's Tarantulas on-line.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Thank you. They are so little then. Being a beginner is that too small for me to start with? I'm looking at Jamie's Tarantulas on-line.
For some species (even beginner species), slings that small can be tricky. Take a look at the beginner sling video I posted in your other thread. I listed off some durable ones, and on top of that they all grow quickly. I've got a couple of those species for sale if you're interested in them (specifically P. scrofa and B. vagans), just PM me.