Size

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been searching around the internet looking for the answer, but no one seems to be able to help. I would like to know if a red clawed emperor can grow as large and long as a regular emperor. I have heard different things and I just wanna see if my red clawed emperor which is about 3-4 inches in lengh, how much bigger he/she will grow. Thnx. Peace

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi there i also have a red claw scorpion and mine is about 8 to 9 years old and it hasent grown.It to is about 3-4 inches

Andrew
:)

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
P. cavimanus do not grow as large or as long as P. imperator. Emps have been known to measure at nearly twice the adult length of the Red Claw. Red Claws tend to make up for such a size difference with their more aggressive nature.

adios,
edw. ;)

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very true, I got a 8 and a half inch emperor, well 7 of them. P. Emperors are larger, but usually larger build to them. Red Claws get to be about 6 inch max, I had three, largest I got was 5 inch. They are a bit more aggressive and their similiarities are quite astonishing, only a bit of size.

There is a scorpion, ummm blue asian scorpion or something, long time ago i heard the name. Said one was recorded to be 12 inches long about. Probably between there.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by chau0046
REALLY?!?!?
Yeah I'm for realzo my nizzle. Um, they are extremely rare and only one pair has been recorded to have breed successfully in the U.S.A!. I forgot the cost, but it was extremely pricey. It was like 11.75 inch long and its not mostly tail length either....

Emperors are still cool though.

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well i would love to see apic,,, cause this subject has been brought up many a times and i aint never heard of such thing. I think you should find this pic or add er whatever ,,,,, I think more than most of us would love to see this.

Mat

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You are probably thinking of Heterometrus swammerdami. If I remember correctly (no guarantee), there are a few in North America now. They do, indeed, attain massive lengths. If I remember correctly, though, the record length is still under 10 inches.

Cheers,
Dave

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If one were to accredit size with the pedipalps as well, they may, indeed, measure up to over 11 inches. This attainment of size is not used in the basis of correct measurements of a scorpion.

adios,
edw. =D