Size recommendation

PolarisTR

Arachnopeon

Hi All,

I've just bought my second T, a G. Pulchra! I've wanted one for some times and finally found a seller at show.

I moved her into a self made enclosure but worry it's too small. Please see the above video for her current setup.

I live in the UK, so if you also live in the UK I am interested in where you got your enclosure from?

Many thanks, Pol

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It looks ok to me. You've got plenty of substrate, a water dish, a hide, and it's not too tall, so there's no risk of falling and injuring herself. Tarantulas aren't terribly active, so they don't need just oodles of room to run around.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Those kind of enclosures looks ok to me.

I don't use those (aside for the taller, larger ones for my B.dubia and S.subspinipes) I mostly use cheap KK 'Dragon' (a German brand) but other brands are fine as well.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I use braplas 3- 5.8L for smaller specimens. Then large Exo Terra Faunariums for medium sized adult terrestrials. For larger species such as Xenesthis and Pamphobeteus I use cheap 35L stackable storage boxes from Tesco or Asda ( these are also good for burrowers as they are deep)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The enclosure is ok. I personally like a little more height between the sub to the lid for my terrestrials. They seem to kick hairs a lot less when I open the enclosures if the lid isn't right on top of them. Room for my T enclosures isn't a problem so a little extra head space is helpful if it keeps the calmer when I open the lids.

clive 82

Arachnoknight

Hi All,

I've just bought my second T, a G. Pulchra! I've wanted one for some times and finally found a seller at show.

I moved her into a self made enclosure but worry it's too small. Please see the above video for her current setup.

I live in the UK, so if you also live in the UK I am interested in where you got your enclosure from?

Many thanks, Pol
As @Trenor said I would go for something with a little more depth to it.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I personally prefer to use hides that don't end, I like the ones that are open so they can burrow through it down below to the other side if they want.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Hi All,

Many thanks, Pol
It will do OK in that. Personally I would put it in something a bit larger so it has some room to move around, ie something longer. You could go with a ExoTerra Breeder Box, Large...OR you could go with a Really Useful Box, they are based out of the UK if I recall. I love using them. The lids lock, and they stack!

@EulersK has a great video for modding the lid w/clear acrylic.