Size difference

Brandon smith

Arachnosquire
Is there a size difference between common Ethostigmus and the tiger morph from western africa? if so what's maximum size ...

Scoly

Arachnobaron
All Ethmostigmus in Africa are Ethmostigmus trigonopodus, and they vary in adult size from 5" to 8", with the Kenyan Blue Leg being the largest. I'm not sure which one you think is the "common" one...

Brandon smith

Arachnosquire
Years ago I received a pair that was blue with yellow legs with blue rings now all I see Is tiger morphs I was wondering if they can get to 8inc as well

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Years ago I received a pair that was blue with yellow legs with blue rings now all I see Is tiger morphs I was wondering if they can get to 8inc as well
So those were the Tanzanian Blue Rings, which are to the best of my knowledge, now the rarest variant that we have in captivity (as of a few weeks ago) so we can't call them common anymore. The ones which are common now are the ones from Niger and Cameroon, which tend to have orange, brown or yellow legs, and black bands on an olive coloured body. These lay clutches at 5", although some will grow a bit bigger, but I'm yet to see any get anywhere near the size of Kenyan blue legs. And remember the females of this species are larger than the males:

IMG_20191023_121056 (1).jpg