sitting in the water dish

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
PZB sitting in the water dish looks to be cleaning itself cause the legs and pedis are working up and down but she started on it last night and when I left for werk (ugh werk) this morning she was still there ... the water dish is a peice of tupperware with sterile aquarium rocks in it and just enough water to break the thin layer of rocks.... ( this to me is a good water set up let me know if I am wrong)
Last thing I want to be is an alarmist but when you have all you folks knowladge at your fingertips its hard not to ask about everything =D

looseyfur- a complete spaz...

E.

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could be u are keeping the T to drie. If `the terarium gets to drie, i`v heard that they vill sit over the water dish to get moist air into their boklungs.

I am the first to say that i`m not an expert, only a frebee :8o , but i use common sense! (And great advises from the people in this forum :D, Thanks alot! )

Are you misting? If not, trie that.

What kind of T is it?
Some T`s need more moist than other, some might die if it gets to moist.. or am i completly wrong...?

Dont know if this is at any help for you, but i`m sure you will get a lot of good answeres later in the tread :p

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
This behavior is typical of a spider who is seeking a higher humidity. If she's still sitting in the dish after more than a few hours, you might want to consider dampening the substrate, restricting ventilation, ading another or larger water dish, or otherwise raising humidity in the vivaria.

Joy