Resolved Site won't load on mobile (Chrome)

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm having issues loading the site on mobile. I am using the Chrome app on Android. It stops loading about 3/4 of the way and then freezes. Unable to click login or do anything. Tried clearing cookies and resetting the phone (Samsung Galaxy). Other websites work fine, just AB.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Is it still happening? Does it happen on any other devices. Have you tried a different browser?

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I have the same phone. Mine is an S9. I also use Chrome and haven't had any trouble loading the site.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I had this issue yesterday.

Clear your entire browsing history, cache, and cookies. Not sure which one did the trick, because I did all three at the same time. But it worked like a charm after that.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it still happening? Does it happen on any other devices. Have you tried a different browser?
It's still happening. I tried with Chrome and Samsung's Internet browser that comes preinstalled. There are two popups at the bottom, one on top of the other. The one in back says "This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience..." and the one in front says "Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here." But since the page freezes, I can't click on them to clear them.
It works on my work and home computers. Will check on my wife's phone later this morning to see if she has issues.
I have the same phone. Mine is an S9. I also use Chrome and haven't had any trouble loading the site.
I have an S10+. I had a recent software update a few days ago. No known issues from it other than AB not loading.
I had this issue yesterday.
Clear your entire browsing history, cache, and cookies. Not sure which one did the trick, because I did all three at the same time. But it worked like a charm after that.
Did this through Chrome's browser history tab (history, cookies & site data, cached images and files, passwords, autofill forms) and the general app settings (forced stop, cleared cache). Still not working.

Someone posted about this on the Arachnoboards FB group (a few people on there have the same issue apparently). I will also follow that post in case someone figures out how to resolve it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
For only those that are experiencing this exact issue, what is your location? Country/State?

Thanks!

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
US/Nevada, over here

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Perth Australia. I am finding the site won't load for some reason, unless I close it and open it on a new page.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Perth Australia. I am finding the site won't load for some reason, unless I close it and open it on a new page.
When you open it on a new page, you are able to use the site though? Or are you having the same exact issue that the OP has stated?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
When you open it on a new page, you are able to use the site though? Or are you having the same exact issue that the OP has stated?
I forgot to mention I'm using a desktop apple mac. Had issues with it freezing in the middle of loading that first comment I put on here. I hit post reply twice, nothing, then got an error message saying try again in 30 seconds. Hit refresh and the earlier comment popped up. The site seems to be intermittently working for me...

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’m on mobile. Took me forever to load. Sometimes have to shut everything down and reload it multiple times.

kinglaz85

Arachnopeon
I’m in USA California. I couldn’t load arachnoboards for like 5 days . I’m on IPhone iOS.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Arachnopets @MrDeranged I'm having the same trouble. Seems to be server side as Traceroute shows no issues. I have a hunch it's not the server but a bottleneck in their broadband connect. Hits are immediate but reply lags. Shared access?