Answered Site issues for mobile

NYAN

Arachnoking
I apologize ahead of time if my descriptions of the issues are vague. I have been experiencing these ever since the site was redesigned, but never mentioned anything about it because it didn’t bother me enough. Ever since the update, and to a small extent, before it as well, I have had issues running the site on mobile.

One of the biggest issues is the site not responding to my commands (clicking on something). To be more specific, the site will process it but nothing will happen. On occasion the site will seemingly get locked into this issue and I’ll have to reboot it several times.

The other very major issue is the site failing to format itself properly. Very often I will login and the site’s display on my screen is a total mess. The different forum options will overlap, and the site cannot be used until I reboot it. I can provide screen shots of this issue if needed since it’s a bit hard to describe.

Lastly, a smaller issue is the site failing to load if I have a VPN running. This isn’t really a big deal but is definitely new. I’ll just get an error message if I try to load it up now.

There are probably some other bugs and glitches that I am forgetting. I am wondering if anyone else has the same issues or has any solutions.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I apologize ahead of time if my descriptions of the issues are vague. I have been experiencing these ever since the site was redesigned, but never mentioned anything about it because it didn’t bother me enough. Ever since the update, and to a small extent, before it as well, I have had issues running the site on mobile.

One of the biggest issues is the site not responding to my commands (clicking on something). To be more specific, the site will process it but nothing will happen. On occasion the site will seemingly get locked into this issue and I’ll have to reboot it several times.

The other very major issue is the site failing to format itself properly. Very often I will login and the site’s display on my screen is a total mess. The different forum options will overlap, and the site cannot be used until I reboot it. I can provide screen shots of this issue if needed since it’s a bit hard to describe.

Lastly, a smaller issue is the site failing to load if I have a VPN running. This isn’t really a big deal but is definitely new. I’ll just get an error message if I try to load it up now.

There are probably some other bugs and glitches that I am forgetting. I am wondering if anyone else has the same issues or has any solutions.
Have had similar problems myself

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Sorry for any issues you've been having.

When this happens does it seem as if the site is still trying to finish loading or has the page completely loaded? Can you click on anything to go to a different page when this is occuring? There have been some issues with the site "burping" on occasion. Unfortunately, tracking down the cause has been elusive. It does seem to clear itself up if you wait a minute or two for whatever is processing on the backend to complete.

I think I know what you mean here, but screenshots are always helpful :). This is generally related to a communications issue with the site and the site fails to render completely. When this is occurring, have you tried on a different device and/or a different internet connection (if available)?

What error message are you receiving? Can you connect without VPN running?

NYAN

Arachnoking
When this happens does it seem as if the site is still trying to finish loading or has the page completely loaded? Can you click on anything to go to a different page when this is occuring? There have been some issues with the site "burping" on occasion. Unfortunately, tracking down the cause has been elusive. It does seem to clear itself up if you wait a minute or two for whatever is processing on the backend to complete.
When this happens it seems like the website has already loaded. The other day I was messaging some people on here and it started doing that after I had sent a message and wanted to edit it. I can go to another website when this happens. Only this website gives me issues.

I think I know what you mean here, but screenshots are always helpful :). This is generally related to a communications issue with the site and the site fails to render completely. When this is occurring, have you tried on a different device and/or a different internet connection (if available)?
I have not tried either of these things. Here’s a screen shot I took this morning of it.
CFAF2EC8-DF12-44F9-A3FB-AAF5FFD2F941.png

What error message are you receiving? Can you connect without VPN running?
This only happens with a VPN. I can’t remember the exact wording, but it’s something along the lines of couldn’t establish connection to the website.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Are you always using a VPN when you visit the site? Do any of these problems occur if you're not using a VPN connection? Have you ever tried to use a different browser? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies for the website?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Are you always using a VPN when you visit the site? Do any of these problems occur if you're not using a VPN connection? Have you ever tried to use a different browser? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies for the website?
I do not always use a VPN. When I get the issue, I’ll turn it off and it’ll run fine. It doesn’t usually cause an issue right away. The issue does not happen unless I have a VPN activated. I have not tried a different browser or tried clearing cookies.

Here’s a photo of the error message:

3A336D1F-76D4-40AB-8C08-93A88AA11E59.jpeg

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Sorry to say, but these issues all sound like it's either an issue with safari or your VPN connection. First, I would try to install a different browser and see if it works with the VPN connection. If it also has the same problems as safari while VPN is active, but works when the VPN is deactivated, the problem is most likely your VPN connection.