Single Dream Spider

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Just wondering, but why do you consider them your dream genus? Genuinely curious...they've just never appealed to me personally.
Dwarves just fascinate me! And the whole genus is pretty gorgeous to me!! I mean when you first get one, you’ll be amazed at just how small they are!!:drooling::anxious::hungry: So cute!! It’s pretty incredible to see something so tiny feed and take down prey! They sport their adult colors fairly early, and they grow fast for a dwarf, especially considering others that are so slow as dwarfs, and mine put on pretty good size subjectively with molts which is impressive to me. Dwarves in general, and Cyriocosmus in particular exhibit a wide array of behaviors from being terrestrial, and webbing, and burrowing, and all combined!
And the room the take up is awesome!! Adult enclosures are not big at all and you have the ability to have a lot of for a 1/4 Space compared to what having the same amount of ‘normal’ sized T’s.

here’s an enclosure I just did yesterday that was a step up from a vial, that it will live in for a while. I had this cool container that’s about the same volume as a deli cup, just a little more shallow but wider diameter and just clear! This is a couple molts in, but look how cute and little that guy is still is!!:D E0050823-B090-4CF3-9ACB-35D4FA2CDA96.jpeg

Last edited:

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Thrixopelma Cyanoleum, Theraphosinae sp Panama or Homoeomma Chillensis but I also really want a Stirmi. It would depend on what you already have though

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Now that I see what you currently have I'd say you need either Idothele Mira, Megaphobema Robustum, H Pulchripes, or Ybyrapora Diversipes

ComputerDellLI

Arachnopeon
Tie between H. devamatha and O. aureotibialis, even though a third of my collection consists of Asian Fossorials, haha :)
I had a choice last night between H. devamatha and O. aureotibialis- similarly sized beauties. I chose the Devamatha. I've got my single dream T already- C. 'Electric Blue' female

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
Brachypelma emilia. I love the species coloration. Also never had one before and I’ve owned over a dozen other species over the years. I may like these better even than B. hamorii/smithi. 002B6742-F93F-4559-942A-DF6FB2D5899A.jpeg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
The black Stromatopelma if it even exists. Stromatopelma cf satanis or Stromatopelma fumigatum.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The black Stromatopelma if it even exists. Stromatopelma cf satanis or Stromatopelma fumigatum.
Do you have a photo of said proposed species? Never heard of or seen such a individual before.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Do you have a photo of said proposed species? Never heard of or seen such a individual before.
I don't, hence the if they even exist part lol. All I've been able to find is hearsay that they were imported once into Europe some time ago (and hearsay that the broker actually never delivered them as well). S. fumigatum and S. satanas are both recognized species, but I haven't seen any pictures of the type specimens, living specimens in situ, or living specimens in captivity. There is a pic of a darker Stromatopelma sp. that can be found if you Google image search for Stromatopelma fumigatum, but it doesn't say what species it is.

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
A full grown B smithi (ex annitha) is a stunning animal. (I have a juvi female, she has long way to go to get really magnificent )

Jzornes29

Arachnopeon
I've always wanted a Phoneutria Fera. I've never seriously pursued getting one though.

(If anyone knows anything about where to get one I wouldn't mind the info!)

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
If you ever decide to get one, do yourself a favor and find one that's 2 inches or more. Unless you're quite fond of having a tiny sling for a couple of years. Very slow growth.
I think they're one of the slowest growing species in the genus. That and B. auratum.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I've always wanted a Phoneutria Fera. I've never seriously pursued getting one though.

(If anyone knows anything about where to get one I wouldn't mind the info!)
They pop up from time to time, but I'd recommend years of experience with Linothele sp and Macrothele sp before you take that dive. Definently not something to half-heartedly pursue.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Everytime I see a pic of A. chalcodes, B. emilia, B. klaasi, G. pulchra, G. acteaon/iheringi and C. cyaneopubescens, along with A. geniculata, I'm caught into an internal battle as to what I'd choose as my next spider. Availability and price would be the main factors in making a choice. That's the big issue for those of us with real space constraints, you want so many, but you know your options are limited, so making the right choice is extremely difficult. Do I go for longevity, heavy webbing or display/ravenous appetite ? Decisions, decisions.