Single Dream Spider

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I currently have 4. If I had room for another, I'd go for one of the US native Aphonopelma. Something along the lines of chalcodes or hentzi. Sure they're not dazzling or exciting, but I feel my small collection coulid be complete with one of these.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I currently have 4. If I had room for another, I'd go for one of the US native Aphonopelma. Something along the lines of chalcodes or hentzi. Sure they're not dazzling or exciting, but I feel my small collection coulid be complete with one of these.
I recently got an adult female A. chalcodes and I absolutely love her. Sure they may not be 'flashy' like a P. metallica or something, but they really are beautiful in a more subdued way. My girl is also very docile, calm, and curious about her environment. I think it's a shame that I overlooked this genus for so long! When I first started, I thought they were a little drab, common, and too slow growing (which they are!) for my taste, but now I appreciate them for what they are. A must have in my opinion.

Mari, my A. chalcodes.

Attachments

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Coincidentally I'm also at 19 currently, no 20 limit however ;) If that were the case though, I'd go with a Xenesthis species I think. Simply because I've seen some cool things about them lately. Plus I'd never spend that much on a spider unless it was my last one or something.

Last edited:

Marlana

Arachnoknight
I’d go T.seladonia but that’s just me. I’ve always loved a nice arboreal. Most of my collection is arboreal. So they’ve been my dream spider. The price has come down too, I was able to get a few for 150$ during a sale. So it’s not completely unreasonable and in the range of other expensive Ts. Plus they don’t take up much space so maybe you can fit 21 😉

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
This is a tricky question. If I could only get one more, I might do another P. muticus.
But if I were in your shoes I would have till spring to think about it.
That's just what you need............... -_-

I can't think of a super crazy one I'd splurge on, relative to other types of animals to keep T's are pretty low end from what i've seen. Maybe the T Seladonia or the Xen Columbian Lesserblack

Baby T

Arachnoknight
I've always wanted an A. Chalcodes. They are near impossible to find in the UK which makes me want one even more!

This is what I have:
0.1 T. stirmi
1.0 P. murinus
0.0.1 A. juruensius M2
0.0.1 S. calceatum
1.0 T.violaceus
1.0 P. regalis
1.0 B. auratum
0.1 C. versicolor
0.1 C. sp. hati hati
1.0 A. seemani
0.1 A. chalcodes
1.0 C. cyanopubescens
1.0 C. huahini
0.1 N. coloratovillosus
0.1 P. cambridgei
1.0 L. klugi
0.1 T. albopilosus
0.0.1 G. pulchripes
0.1 P. auratus

I haven't decided, I'm going to think about it for a few months before I really splurge on something special. I have a few ideas but haven't decided. I'm just curious what others would pick!
Lovely collection!
What do you love about the P. Cambridgei so much? I heard lots of people saying how cool they are. Maybe they need to go on my want list...

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've always wanted an A. Chalcodes. They are near impossible to find in the UK which makes me want one even more!
Don't give up. I got my lass last year. They do come up for sale. Seeing them on the net doesn't do them justice. In person they really are absolutely stunning tarantulas.

2AD0E4AC-63D1-4E03-BFD6-EE183D72ABA0.jpeg E90C0795-CD9B-476B-BA45-4F0404CC9A11.jpeg

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Mine would have to be neoholothele fasciaaurinigra. Hopefully they will be more available in the hobby sooner than later.

Runner up would be theraphosinae sp. panama.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Wow, gorgeous! 😍 I won't give up. I actually saw some for sale at TSS but they were wild caught. Still not sure how wild caught sits with me....
You'll be pretty much looking at all the Aphonopelma sp being WC or just not being labelled. Can't honestly remember seeing a "captive bred" Aphonopelma sp for sale here.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
You'll be pretty much looking at all the Aphonopelma sp being WC or just not being labelled. Can't honestly remember seeing a "captive bred" Aphonopelma sp for sale here.
Oh really?... That's interesting. Ok thanks for the info! Do you know why they're not bred over here?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Oh really?... That's interesting. Ok thanks for the info! Do you know why they're not bred over here?
I would imagine some will be but when you see young adults for sale which the majority are they usually appear with loads of other Aphonopelma sp so they've obviously come in on a big shipment.

winter

Arachnosupporter +
This is what I have:
0.1 T. stirmi
1.0 P. murinus
0.0.1 A. juruensius M2
0.0.1 S. calceatum
1.0 T.violaceus
1.0 P. regalis
1.0 B. auratum
0.1 C. versicolor
0.1 C. sp. hati hati
1.0 A. seemani
0.1 A. chalcodes
1.0 C. cyanopubescens
1.0 C. huahini
0.1 N. coloratovillosus
0.1 P. cambridgei
1.0 L. klugi
0.1 T. albopilosus
0.0.1 G. pulchripes
0.1 P. auratus

I haven't decided, I'm going to think about it for a few months before I really splurge on something special. I have a few ideas but haven't decided. I'm just curious what others would pick!
Birupes simoroxigorum would be a nice addition. Others already mentioned Pamphobeteus sp solaris and Theraphosinae sp panama as possibilities.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Not really in the market for more T's but if I had to pick one I'd say a female Iridopelma hirsutum. I was so disappointed when mine turned out to be male.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
ok
Mine would have to be neoholothele fasciaaurinigra. Hopefully they will be more available in the hobby sooner than later.

Runner up would be theraphosinae sp. panama.
They would've been more available if people imported more males instead of a bunch of more females and slings. But I think they will be more available in the future.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
When I got my 8th (and 9th and 10th as freebies lol) tarantula I swore I wouldn't get any more due to lack of space, unless I came across a good deal on a Nhandu chromatus. That one had been my dream spider for quite awhile. A few weeks later one practically fell into my lap and I couldn't resist. So in an answer to your question, that.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would really love a Xenesthis sp. Bright or a Xenesthis sp. White. They look absolutely stunning, in my opinion.

Of course, after my order arrives on Tuesday I will have 30 tarantulas. Getting pretty close to the 35 maximum number that my wife and I agreed on. Not sure I'll have an opportunity to grab one in the next year or two, but I'm sure I'll get one eventually.