Single Dream Spider

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
If you could get just one more tarantula to add to your collection, and it could be anything....something really special, what would you choose? My limit is 20 tarantulas (I have 19) and I'm saving up for something really amazing when springtime rolls around. I'm just curious what everyone would choose.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If I could have any one species, it would be a Pamphobeteus sp. Solaris mature male. The reason why is because I would've loan one if I ever had a mature male or the species in general and then get a life time supply of slings for that species. I wouldn't really want a female because there's too many females and not enough males to go around for breeding in regards to the species in the hobby.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
If I could have any one species, it would be a Pamphobeteus sp. Solaris mature male. The reason why is because I would've loan one if I ever had a mature male or the species in general and then get a life time supply of slings for that species. I wouldn't really want a female because there's too many females and not enough males to go around for breeding in regards to the species in the hobby.
That's an interesting choice, and I can see why you'd choose it. Plus they're just so beautiful.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Next on my list is P. cambridgei, but I don't have shelf space for it quite yet. In 2-3 years, at least a few mature males will have passed away, and I'll be able to put a large-ish (12 X 12 X 18) arboreal enclosure in the shelf space that was freed up.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Next on my list is P. cambridgei, but I don't have shelf space for it quite yet. In 2-3 years, at least a few mature males will have passed away, and I'll be able to put a large-ish (12 X 12 X 18) arboreal enclosure in the shelf space that was freed up.
Definitely go for it when you have the chance! So far P. cambridgei has been my favorite species to keep. They're amazing tarantulas.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The next one that catches my eyes lol

what do you have out of the 19?

and You said youre saving up, do you already have one in mind? Or you’re looking to figure it out?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
The next one that catches my eyes lol

what do you have out of the 19?

and You said youre saving up, do you already have one in mind? Or you’re looking to figure it out?
This is what I have:
0.1 T. stirmi
1.0 P. murinus
0.0.1 A. juruensius M2
0.0.1 S. calceatum
1.0 T.violaceus
1.0 P. regalis
1.0 B. auratum
0.1 C. versicolor
0.1 C. sp. hati hati
1.0 A. seemani
0.1 A. chalcodes
1.0 C. cyanopubescens
1.0 C. huahini
0.1 N. coloratovillosus
0.1 P. cambridgei
1.0 L. klugi
0.1 T. albopilosus
0.0.1 G. pulchripes
0.1 P. auratus

I haven't decided, I'm going to think about it for a few months before I really splurge on something special. I have a few ideas but haven't decided. I'm just curious what others would pick!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
This is what I have:
0.1 T. stirmi
1.0 P. murinus
0.0.1 A. juruensius M2
0.0.1 S. calceatum
1.0 T.violaceus
1.0 P. regalis
1.0 B. auratum
0.1 C. versicolor
0.1 C. sp. hati hati
1.0 A. seemani
0.1 A. chalcodes
1.0 C. cyanopubescens
1.0 C. huahini
0.1 N. coloratovillosus
0.1 P. cambridgei
1.0 L. klugi
0.1 T. albopilosus
0.0.1 G. pulchripes
0.1 P. auratus

I haven't decided, I'm going to think about it for a few months before I really splurge on something special. I have a few ideas but haven't decided. I'm just curious what others would pick!
Good little collection! Awesome species all around.

So im not sure, so to suss it out a litle further are you wanting to splurge on a sling or like a confirmed female? Might make a difference.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Good little collection! Awesome species all around.

So im not sure, so to suss it out a litle further are you wanting to splurge on a sling or like a confirmed female? Might make a difference.
I'm definitely thinking of getting a confirmed female, possibly adult/ subadult. Maybe another Poecilotheria species, a Brachypelma species, or maybe something completely different like a Xenethis sp. Giving it some thought over the winter months.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
This is a tricky question. If I could only get one more, I might do another P. muticus.
But if I were in your shoes I would have till spring to think about it.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'd opt for a juvenile/young adult female Brachypelma hamorii. The quintessential tarantula in my eyes. Beautiful and long lived. Others will come and go and you'll still have her.

FACBD634-DFE7-4F6A-8364-846420F4DDA2.jpeg 977ABD72-A450-4C90-BCBE-0DA4E7D05085.jpeg

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Common answer,but M. Balfouri is my dream spider for sure.
Though i'll personally wait a couple of years until i get more on hands experience with tarantulas before i can get one :D

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra hands down for me. I’d want a male and female though, these are like unicorns, and when they are available you have to sell your first born...or someone else‘s.

justanotherTkeeper

Arachnosquire
Does it have to be Tarantula?
If not, mine would be Linothele megatheloides Lm.png
This is a screenshot of one of The Dark Den's youtube videos

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
A few things actually. First of all their chelicerae/ fangs close from side to side and not up-down like tarantulas. So they are true spiders. I'm sure there are other things but none I can think of at the moment.

basin79

ArachnoGod
A few things actually. First of all their chelicerae/ fangs close from side to side and not up-down like tarantulas. So they are true spiders. I'm sure there are other things but none I can think of at the moment.
Nope they don't. Linothele sp go down like a tarantula.