User Singapore_Blue's Tarantula Pictures

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is my P. regalis. She is super sweet! I will post some pics of my T. stirmi 9’’ Female soon. Again an absolute sweetheart

Phormictopus sp Green Femur
And H. gigas Female. Both very sweet!

P. Metallica Female.... not as chill as the P. regalis but still very handleable! I don’t use forceps ever and I am constantly in their cage with my hands. They are not defensive because they view me as a normal part of their environment. Guess what.. 25 years and no bites. Huh I wonder why. Simple I am not seen as a threat. Also thought I should mention personality is based on spider to spider. You can honestly have a G. pulchra that is mean. It’s not cookie cutter folks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Question. Do you think they enjoy being handled.
I would not say that they particularly enjoy it. I do have a couple of tarantulas that I can honestly say don’t seem to mind it and seem very social. I would use the phrase tolerate it. I have found that being more hands-on creates less problems while cleaning and maintaining their cages. I don’t have to go in with forceps or anything of that nature because they have become used to my presence in their habitat. These animals are defensive/afraid. If you read through the bite reports a lot of them happen during maintenance!

Order of those pictured
Pamphobeteus sp insignis MM
Theraphosa stirmi 8” F molt
Pamphobeteus ornatus F
Pamphobeteus aquatica F
Omothymus violaceopes F
Poecilotheria metallica F

My daughter holding our H. gigas

Haploclastus devamatha F
She is one of my more laid back specimens.

Attachments

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Beautiful spiders. Personally I don’t agree with handling and the main reasons is because I don’t think it benefits them and I would edge on they don’t enjoy it and it could be dangerous for both me and the tarantula because the tarantula might get nervous and fall and I might get haired if a new world or even worse get bit by an old world but this is just my personal opinion. I just don’t think it’s worth the risk.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful spiders. Personally I don’t agree with handling and the main reasons is because I don’t think it benefits them and I would edge on they don’t enjoy it and it could be dangerous for both me and the tarantula because the tarantula might get nervous and fall and I might get haired if a new world or even worse get bit by an old world but this is just my personal opinion. I just don’t think it’s worth the risk.
Thank you! I’m always holding them over a soft surface like a bed. There is literally zero risk to the animal if handled in this fashion. Everyone is entitled to feel any way they like in regards to handling of tarantulas. My words are not based on hyperbole but actual experience. I guess I’m lucky, because I really don’t have to worry about getting irritating hairs with my new world tarantulas. They really don’t kick. My T. stirmi allows me to palm her, although I can barely do it since she is so big, no kicking/defense at all. My old worlds are equally laid back too but I’m aware of the risks associated with holding them. After so many years of handling you pick up on signs from the spider as well!

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Theraphosa stirmi 8 1/2” F
I’ll get some more pics with her out. She is freshly molted and I am trying to pump her up a bit first.

Haploclastus kayi

Pamphobeteus insignis (True Colombian)
3” F

Attachments

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My T. stirmi
Man she is awesome! So laid back

My daughter rubbing the T. stirmi

My freshly molted
Pamphobeteus solaris F
Now 5” solid

H. gigas
One of my most chilled out tarantulas! She is one of my favorites for sure

My T. stirmi
Isn’t she awesome!

Man she is massive!

Attachments

MarkJ

Arachnosquire
I'm curious how you get them out of their enclosures without elevating them to a risky fall distance?

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm curious how you get them out of their enclosures without elevating them to a risky fall distance?
I am holding them over a bed so the only fall risk would be from the top of the enclosure back into the enclosure.