Singapore Zoo

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dang gavin! nice work man. love the tiger too. but i will say that giraffes are not boring!:( those are my favorite mammalian anaimal.:D haha. nice pics though man, thanks for sharing! also what lens did you use?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dang gavin! nice work man. love the tiger too. but i will say that giraffes are not boring!:( those are my favorite mammalian anaimal.:D haha. nice pics though man, thanks for sharing! also what lens did you use?
Thanks Cody. :) I used a Nikkor Micro 105mm (actually a macro lens) and a Nikkor 55-200mm (a telephoto lens). They were borrowed though.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awsome. hows that 105mm? god i want one bad. just cant afford it, plain and simple. i have the 70mm to 300mm lens(not great but ok) but i really like a 35 to 55 mm and a 80 to 200mm both killer but outrageous prices.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awsome. hows that 105mm? god i want one bad. just cant afford it, plain and simple. i have the 70mm to 300mm lens(not great but ok) but i really like a 35 to 55 mm and a 80 to 200mm both killer but outrageous prices.
At least you have more than one lens. ;)

The 105 is a fantastic lens - very sharp, very fast. But like you said, expensive of course.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Hey Gavin,

I really like these shots, especially of the white tigers. Are there any hyenas in the zoo?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Gavin,

I really like these shots, especially of the white tigers. Are there any hyenas in the zoo?
Glad to hear that. :)

No, they don't have hyenas. Who likes hyenas anyway - they bully the cheetahs!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome photos.

I myself primarily use a Sigma 105mm Macro Lens and was wondering if the Nikkor is any better? I have noticed my Sigma is a bit slow to focus unless the subject is almost completely still.

Also, I don't think those Tigers are leucistic....from what I know, "leucistic" means an animal that is completely white (patternless) and has either black or blue eyes.....at least, thats how it is with reptiles.

violentblossom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The photos of the jaguars are really incredible. I'd like to use them as desktops, if that's okay.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love Elephants

One day I'll ride one, better view than Horses - LOL

Those Jaguar Pix are Beautiful also.

- Jason

Last edited:

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am quite impressed with the condition of the Zebras. They are all too often overweight at zoos, but those look in excellent shape. Equines just aren't ment to be fat.