singapore blue

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Thank you for the comment, I use just a regular drill and bit. I have a "How To" somewhere on this forum of what I do to make them look like they do. I'll search for it and post a link for you if you're interested. It takes a little bit of time (I'm a perfectionist) usually around 45 minutes to go from Cheez-it container to T enclosure. The one in the picture is a rather larger one for a sling of that size, but these containers come in quite a few sizes. I would recommend the smallest one, which would still be good to house it up until it's around 2.5"-3". They are more expensive than the typical delicups most people use, but I plan on using these for quite awhile so figured the investment was worth it.

You can sex them as very tiny slings (1-2 inches) if you can get an intact molt and own a microscope. I have not sexed any of my T's yet, but I think mine is a male :( It's harder to sex them ventrally but you can usually be able to do that I'd say around the 2.5" mark.

Glad to hear yours is eating! My bro just got one a couple days ago, and although we are sure it's in premolt. Just a little one at .5"...

Raine, raising them from slings is always a blast but if you're looking to get a female I would try to find someone that has already gotten a possitive sex on it. I've done some research on these and from what I've read, the chances of getting a female are 1/5. Or, just try your luck!!! Either way, you will have fun watching these things grow! Mine had no blue/purple when I got it and now it's starting to get the hints of purple. Next molt, it should be a very distinctive PURPLE :D Man am I anctious for this pre-molt to be over with!!!

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
Im getting a 7 inch female on thursday, im stoked to say the least, And Raine thats awesome that you got it, im sure that you made the best choice. No offense to brachys but if your going for a sling OWs are really the way to go and for a beginner and ow sling is like a H mac with training wheels.

Raine

Arachnopeon
Haven't gotten it yet, Balka! I want to choose about 2-3 other Ts before ordering. I'm looking at getting an LP and Singapore Blue so far, and the last is very undecided. I might get a mexican red knee or another brachy. That or the G. pulchripes. They are said to be really docile and bigger. :D

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I personally would go Singpore, GBB, and B. Bohmei. But LP and Pulchripes are also VERY good choices. Whatever you get will be awsome! Unless it's nothing...:barf:

EmilyK

Arachnopeon
Once you've gotten one, "none" really isn't an option. :p

I've seen some pretty docile pulchripes, but mine hates me. A GBB is a GREAT idea, too. They're beautiful. Why spend more money on shipping than you have to? Pick a few you want and get them all at once!