Singapore blue enclosure

Afnanzakri03

Arachnopeon
Hi..

I have a 1cm + lv tarantula sling ... how is the best enclosure for them and is this enclosure suitable for use?

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I use 16oz plastic deli cups for mine and they work great, just poke some ventilation holes.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Hi..

I have a 1cm + lv tarantula sling ... how is the best enclosure for them and is this enclosure suitable for use?
I started mine out in a 32 oz. deli cup. Then fill it half way or 2/3's with substrate. Stick a piece of cork bark in the substrate all the way to the bottom. Keep in moist. This species is a burrowing species as slings and they will act like a pet hole if setup correctly. Personally I wouldn't go any smaller than 32 oz. because mine build underground tunnels and had a few entrances.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve always used tall containers, they will use all the sub to make crazy tunnels, always used a cork slab too

Afnanzakri03

Arachnopeon
I am very worried eclosure singapore blue I have a mold..so, I plan to make an eclosure as in the picture below ... I want to stick wood below the cover part of my enclosure because cork bark very hard to find here and no pet shop near me ... will this result in mold ?? .. is an enclosure like is this suitable for singapore blue sling ??

This photo for example only..not mine

<edit>

But i use a recipe container only..not like in this photos
Sorry about a little bit grammatical error

Last edited by a moderator:

magouilles

Arachnoknight
I am very worried eclosure singapore blue I have a mold..so, I plan to make an eclosure as in the picture below ... I want to stick wood below the cover part of my enclosure because cork bark very hard to find here and no pet shop near me ... will this result in mold ?? .. is an enclosure like is this suitable for singapore blue sling ??

This photo for example only..not mine

<edit>

But i use a recipe container only..not like in this photos
Sorry about a little bit grammatical error
as slings, L.Violaceopes tend to burrow so I would provide enough subtrate for that matter and put a woodstick as an anchor point with moss around so it can web up if it wants to
when it becomes juvenile, then make its enclosure more arboreal focused
if you provide cross ventilation with some holes where the substrate is supposed to be, you should be fine regarding mold issues

Afnanzakri03

Arachnopeon
I have 1cm + singapore blue sling..I kept it in a small container with ventilation hole on the side of the container..I have changed the wood and substrate several times before ..

The question is..how to avoid mold other than placing an isopod ..?

Is it by sticking the wood under the lid of the container to prevent the wood from hitting the substrate or is it necessary to place a small plate of water without spraying on the substrate? help me please ..:-[:-[

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I think you have asked this question about 3 times already.

what type of substrate are you using?

Mold generally is not an issue.

Cork bark and coco fiber is what I use. Sometimes I get mold but not too bad. Normally its when the enclosure is too moist and doesn’t have enough air exchange.

With this species you can give it a lot of ventilation holes to keep air flow, keep the substrate deep so you can keep it moist down where the sling will burrow at. Then you can allow the top to stay drier than the lower levels which might help with your mold issue.

Afnanzakri03

Arachnopeon
I apologize for asking the same question ..my phone has a bit of a problem and I did not find the question I once asked ..
but thank you for being willing to answer my question

IMG-20201026-WA0007.jpg IMG-20201026-WA0008.jpg IMG-20201026-WA0009.jpg

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
You're unlikely to get enough ventilation in that container.

You need ventilation holes in the top and sides to get airflow throughout the enclosure.

Damp+little ventilation=mold

Also, what holes you do have seem to be too large, to the point that the tarantula night be able to squeeze out one. If the holes are the same size as its carapace then it can escape (or injure itself trying)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I plan not to put wood on it for a while until I get an answer that convinces me
So, you're going to leave the tarantula in a barren environment with nothing to use for shelter? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me

Afnanzakri03

Arachnopeon
You're unlikely to get enough ventilation in that container.

You need ventilation holes in the top and sides to get airflow throughout the enclosure.

Damp+little ventilation=mold

Also, what holes you do have seem to be too large, to the point that the tarantula night be able to squeeze out one. If the holes are the same size as its carapace then it can escape (or injure itself trying)

thanks for giving an opinion about my eclosure

So, you're going to leave the tarantula in a barren environment with nothing to use for shelter? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me
I will do it..this is my first sp arboreal and my first old world tarantula..so I try to avoid making mistakes

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I will do it..this is my first sp arboreal and my first old world tarantula..so I try to avoid making mistakes
This species is not arboreal as a sling, if you can make a starter burrow, im sure it will use it. Maybe take a pen and make a hole to the bottom. Put some fake leaves or wood.