since everyone is talking about molts...

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
must be that time of the season or something with all the molting,lol, crazy thing is and i've never had this happen like this before but, i had 6 t's molt this week, no bs 6 t's! it was insane everytime i looked in their conatiners i was like what the hell! this one just molted! holy crap this is molting! damn ! lol it was cool though, heres what molted: P. striata went from 3" to 3.5-4"(i'm almost 90% sure its a female now!), P. ornata 3" to 3.5" looks real nice, awesome green colored carapace, cool red hairs, p. ornata 3" to 3.5-3.75, p. formosa 2" to 2.5-2.75" looks real cool almost pale, p. regalis 1" to 1.5", and H. maculata 3"-3.5"( i'm thinking female!), its been pretty exciting everyones hardening up now still. it always just amzes me at how much size they gain from a molt, damn i need batterys still for my cam, oh well sometime i'll get my lazy self down to the store--Jeff
p.s. geez i guess i must be doing something right?

Last edited:

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm just hoping its contagious. My curly molted but I REALLY want my red phase rosie to molt out so I see her nice and fresh. She is so worn and faded right now.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jeff, I heard ya on that one. This week alone I had my juvie B.vagans and my 3 vagans slings, 2-subfuscas, my P.miranda, my juvie regalis, my Yucatan rustrump, one A.avic, H.gigas, G.pulchra, and I think that was it so far for this week. It's pretty cool. Wait I did forget one other. It was one of my B. smithi.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i'm not sure but i've been paying more attention to the temps in my room now, it usualy stays between 75-80 now in there i've only been feeding mealworms when they take them, then i buy crickets once a week for them also--Jeff

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Wall of spiders

Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Hey Jeff, I heard ya on that one. This week alone I had my juvie B.vagans and my 3 vagans slings, 2-subfuscas, my P.miranda, my juvie regalis, my Yucatan rustrump, one A.avic, H.gigas, G.pulchra, and I think that was it so far for this week. It's pretty cool. Wait I did forget one other. It was one of my B. smithi.
PG-

With that bunker of spiders, I'd think you'd have molting going on year 'round! :D

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
wow! thats a lot PGE, hey did you happen to see what bill from invertepet has listed on his pokies that are coming in? P. smithi!!!P. subfusca!!!!and P. pederseni!!! awesome, i wonder how much the p. smithis will be?
p.s. oh yeah,lol, what 2 p. subfuscas!! i'm again so jealous;) you must have a real killer collection!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My L. parahybana went from 8" to almost 9" Wednesday night, tonight my T. blondi is on her back!! She is about 6" pre-molt now.

Andy