silly slings.....

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have noticed 2 of the curly hair slings i got cleaning themselves......but the wierd thing is, they were almost laying over on their side to do it........this isnt a moult attempt.......they are still on their legs....just looks like they are laying over on their sides and cleaning their feet....anyone else seen this??
also i fed them again today.....3 of them eating now....the three that are eating are getting fat :) ..havent seen any of the 5 burrowers today, but i threw food in there anyway...lots of peat piled up in deli cup...so i guess they are "going to town" with their burrows......just wish i could see them in there....

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have seen my Rose Hair do this many times and my old Aphonopelma Seemani did this as well.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok, just checking.....ive seen my rosehair clean himself but never over on his side....so this was new behavior to me.......see you learn something new every day!!!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kosh'
My curly molted last night. Its really showing some nice color now. Starting to get pretty hairy too. I bought it July 7 th. It was aprox. 1/2"long. Its molted about every 30 days. Its about 2"long now tip to tip.
Just thought you might like to know.

Ernie

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Kosh,
yep, they do that ...it's really funny to watch!
I've got more burrowing every day, so it's hard to know how they are doing.
I gave them a change of diet this time with fruit flies...they loved them!
I'm going to cut up mealworms as well.
I can't get pinners unless I order them, and it's such a pain that I'll stick to other food

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah.....i bought $1.00 worth of crickets @ $0.05 each.......and i threw a few pieces of potato in there for them.........but man do they freakin STINK today.......makes me wanna let the suckers loose in the yard and get something else to feed 'em.....

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

wow thats pretty good price on the crickets, here in town theres only one place to get em and he charges 1.75 a dozen ridiculous, and he sells them as tophat crickets to, so looked up at top hat how much they charge, man this guys making a killin, i'm swithching over to a lobster roach colony,lol