Silly avic..there's glass there!

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol..I came home one morning from work and went to take a peek at my T's. I noticed my A. Avic wasn't in her usual spot..I also noticed a small moth buzzing around outside the enclosure, obviously attracted to the moonlite I use to view them...and all of a sudden the T leaped across the tank, side to side no lie (12x12x14 exoterra), ran up the wall, across the screen top and back down...then jumped at the glass again...I noticed wherever it was going was where the moth was flying...I found this particularly funny...anyone else have any crazy stories?{D

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a G. Rosea that every time I get close to its jar I hear a little thud. It will plaster its self on the side trying to get me. Has been doing this for some time now. I think it may be part obt. There are times it will actually get so upset it will throw dirt trying to get through the side. A nd if I open the container it will start attacking its water dish.
Its about 3" long now and I am hoping it calms down when it matures. But I have to admit its a bit funny watching this little thing have its fits.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If i let my little 3.5" G aureostriata go more than 3-4 days without a feed she gets crazy.

A little while back she had her first superworm. It was such a big meal i decided to give her seven days before her next one. So, seven days later i throw in a cricket. As i sometimes do, i leave the lid off the kk to observe the carnage. She's in her hide under this rock and the cricket is crawling down into the crack between the rock and the side of the kk. The chaco was too hungry to wait until the crik got down into the burrow so she hit from below with this crazy ferocity. She was so aggro that all her normal finesse went right out the window. The cricket and a good amount of dirt went flying through the air and out onto the table. Now the chaco's 4 front legs are sticking out the crack and she's not budging. When i got a paintbrush to nudge her lags back through so i could close the kk she hits the brush even harder. Now half her body is stuffed into this crack and there's dirt everywhere. I'm now getting worried she'll escape on me or hurt herself so i just blow a puff of air at her and she retreats back into the burrow. (Puffs of air are a very effective tool, by the way)

I was so entertained by the show i gave her an extra cricket as a tip.

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My A. hentzi must not like me. My wife is able to hold her, and walk around the house with her. Every time I try, she walks over to my hand and smacks it. Not aggresive or anythig. It's like she's saying "What do you think your doing?" My wife just loves when she does that.:rolleyes: