Silk patch outside hut

DethNotSuicide

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea has made a silk patch outside of her hut. could it mean she is going to use it as a bedding 4 her molt?

Clement

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
not necesserly, mine has coverded almost all her enclosure with silk over the years!

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
well mine webs up the side of her tank and builds it down to the ground making a slant and has molted the sameway 2 times same place too :)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It could mean that, but it is also possible that it doesn't. Our G. rosea currently has the entire top of her substrate(10 gallon tank) covered in a thick silken mat. She has done this in the past month, but molted over 2 months ago, so she is definitely not going to molt any time soon.(it has been a year between each molt so far) Do you have any idea when it last molted?

DethNotSuicide

Arachnopeon
It could mean that, but it is also possible that it doesn't. Our G. rosea currently has the entire top of her substrate(10 gallon tank) covered in a thick silken mat. She has done this in the past month, but molted over 2 months ago, so she is definitely not going to molt any time soon.(it has been a year between each molt so far) Do you have any idea when it last molted?
no i just got her

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no i just got her
Where did you get her from?

If you got her from a dealer, send them a message and inquire about her last molt.

If you got her from a pet store, it's more tricky.

Can you show us a pic of the topside of her abdomen?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where did you get her from?

If you got her from a dealer, send them a message and inquire about her last molt.

If you got her from a pet store, it's more tricky.

Can you show us a pic of the topside of her abdomen?

+1 No need to retype it! :D