Signs your Rio Grand Gold is molting.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I need some help here! :eek: I think the Rio Grand Gold juvenile I bought is preparing to molt. It's legs are all curled up and she's in the corner with her rump in the air. The underside is extremely black. This behavior has also caught the interest of two of my tarantulas as well who are pointed in the direction of the spider's tank. Is it alright if a tarantula molts in a vertical position rather than on its back? Here is a picture what Peaches has been doing.

Attachments

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my guess

I have a rio the same size. My guess is its trying to burrow, as mine did that in a not fully dug one.... I also don't believe the others would as much as lift a leg if even got whim of it moulting.:)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's just weird though. I have an Andean Stripeleg that's the Rio Grand Gold's neighbor who has moved into a position so that it has a good view of the poor thing. Also my Pink Zebra Beauty, Gypsy, whose Pet Pal is diagonally across has started to move close to the bottom left and corner of the cage closest to Peaches' Pet Pal. They're both really interested about somethging going on with Peaches. I just hope they don't think she's a nice snack.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Also, you can't see it in the picture but Peaches' underside is really black.