signs of OBT molt?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
sooo, i've never had an OBT molt in my care before? i know that with old world spiders, hair loss can be a sign of stress. mine is losing hair, but i'm almost 100% sure its not because of stress. can this be a sign of an upcoming molt???

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Has it been eating, webbing, out for display; Overall is it acting normally ? Do you have any pics ?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
has been eating pretty good. webbing just a little tho... out for display. acting fairly normal i guess, still very responsive. sorry no pics tho. the abdomen is bald in back and is a very dark blue-ish color. i know with some of the other species (roseas and seemanis and others) that this is the new exoskeleton growing underneath. is this what i see now also?

Has it been eating, webbing, out for display; Overall is it acting normally ? Do you have any pics ?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sooo, i've never had an OBT molt in my care before? i know that with old world spiders, hair loss can be a sign of stress. mine is losing hair, but i'm almost 100% sure its not because of stress. can this be a sign of an upcoming molt???
Usually if an OBT is in pre molt it will block its self into its burrow and not come out for maybe a month and half or so maybe sooner or later depending on when it molts. another sign i was told by old world species is that the color on their body (specifically sp) the legs get to be really dark orange as if to be dirty.

gufobt

Arachnopeon
my obt just molted and she still have a balspot wtf is that ?plz help i am worried ...:/

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Post a picture, and it would probably help to start a new thread rather then resurrect an unrelated old one. As an OW, OBT's don't have urticating hairs, and will not develop bald spots the way most NW species will. If your spider is bald then it's something else, maybe a cyst?